8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - SteelSpark
I bought my Mondeo over 8 weeks ago, and yet I am still not the registered keeper.

I think that the dealer took 3 weeks to send off the paperwork to the DVLA, but the DVLA say that it is still not on their system never mind processed (they say that it could have been received but not yet put on the system).

Of course, there have been postal strikes, but it still seems to be taking a lot of time.

I could send off my green slip and apply myself, but I wondered whether I should hold onto it in case I need to prove ownership (although I do have the sales invoice).

I'm not generally concerned, because I bought it from a franchised dealer, so there is never going to be an argument over ownership, but I am concerned that if I ever got a ticket for something, the delay in finding out might cost me.

For example, I went 3 minutes over on my parking in Westminster last week, where there is roughly one traffic warden for every 3 cars. No ticket on the windscreen though.

Anyway, has anybody else had a delay of this length, and do I really need to worry, or should I leave it a few more weeks before applying myself?
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - Pugugly
It seems rather a long - I would suggest getting a certified copy of your "green slip" - your bank will do this free for you if you're nice them, and post it on. It may be worth a visit to your local LVLO for advice if its local to you
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - bell boy
What do you mean by a certified slip Pugugly please?
A Photostat stamped and initialled by a Bank type person. Either keep the copy or send the original. It will have a some legal standing.
thanks ,will pass that on next time i have someone grunting down the phone at me
If dvla havent received the original v5 from the dealer then they have either never sent it off or it has indeed been lost in the post.
You are right to be concerned and at over 6 weeks you do indeed need to notify the dvla.
They should have told you to fill in a new v62 and attach your new keeper slip to it,
be aware this slip saves you paying the £25 log book fee so i always tell my customers to photocopy this before sending it off and also send it registered post.
Hope that helps
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - SteelSpark
You are right to be concerned and at over 6 weeks you do indeed need
to notify the dvla.
They should have told you to fill in a new v62 and attach your new
keeper slip to it

Thanks. I have called the DVLA roughly once a week since the fourth week, the first couple of times they suggested that I might want to submit the V62, but the last couple of times they have just told me to leave it a couple of weeks and then check back (but it does seem a long time).

If I do send off the V62 I will take a copy (and likely get it certified as Pugugly suggests).

Given that there wouldn't be any kind of argument over ownership with the dealership, not having the green slip shouldn't be a problem. However if, in the worse case scenario, I am pulled over, I am not sure how much more difficult it is to prove to the police that you are the owner without a logbook or green slip.

Also, if the green slip goes missing too, I imagine that would be a big headache. So I will also follow your advice about sending it registered post.
DVLA are pretty good though at turnaround and not losing things considering the volume of stuff they process.
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - jc2
On the last couple of cars that I have bought,the V5 has been sent by the DVLA within days-sounds more like the dealer dragging his feet.
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - martint123
It's not a new, but pre registered car is it? Dealer demo that they can't "sell" for 6 months so sit on V5 ???
8 week laters and still not the registered keeper - ifithelps
... Dealer demo that they can't "sell" for 6 months so sit on V5...

Could be, though usually three months so the dealer can put six months tax on it and sell it with three.

If one of those is the case, they should tell the OP - he's spent £12k or so and deserves not to be messed around.

Agree about the DVLA being pretty good these days - the reg doc for the CC3 was through in under a week.

And they sent another letter confirming the date my p/ex ceased to be my responsibility.

8 weeks later and still not the registered keeper - SteelSpark
It is a dealer demo although it was first registered in March and I bought it in September, so if they can't sell it for the first 6 months I think that period had expired.

They did say that there was a 3 week delay in sending of the paperwork, they said that they normally sent them in a batch every 3 weeks. However, even with the postal strikes, I can't see how it would not have been received 5 weeks after that.

I might check with their admin department, to double check that it has been sent, but I reckon that there is nothing very underhand here, at worst they either somehow lost it in the office (and didn't want to own up) or it got lost in the post.

The DVLA reckons that a V62 will take about 5 weeks to process once received (I guess they need to do extra checks) so, unless the original turns up, I guess that it is going to be a while before I am registered. Part of the reason I was hanging on was that I thought that if they received my V62 before the received the original paperwork, it might slow things down. But now I would like to just get it wrapped up.
11 weeks later and still not the registered keeper - SteelSpark
Well, this has still not been processed, so I am going to have to send off the V62.

Dealership say that they sent it recorded delivery, but the DVLA are saying they haven't received it. The DVLA are now asking for the tracking number, but by the time they have hunted it down I could probably have the V62 processed.

They are telling me that it will be 20-30 working days once they get the V62 so, with Christmas, I guess that it could be close to the end of January before I am registered.

Hope there are no parking or speeding tickets clocking up late payment fines! :)
13 weeks later and still not the registered keeper - SteelSpark
Well, the mystery is finally solved.

I was about to send off the V62 form, with the New Keeper Supplement, but I had to call up the DVLA to ask them whether they needed the green slip AND the other sheet stapled to it. That is when I found out that the other sheet is part of what the dealer should have sent in. They are meant to send in sections 1 to 8, but the sheet that I have (which they stapled to the New Keeper Supplement) is sections 4 to 8. They told me that the paperwork was definitely sent off, so I guess they only sent sections 1 to 3 (if they sent anything at all).

Sheesh!!
13 weeks later and still not the registered keeper - Pugugly
Thing have come to cumbersome - to many bits of paper and writing.