Mondeo leaking water - MarkSpark
I have a 1997 (new shape) Modeo H/B. I had a water leak which caused me to take out front dash and all carpets (the insulation was ruined due to amount of water getting in). I eventually narrowed it down to a panel joint in the corner of the bulkhead just at the lower corner of the windscreen on drivers side.
A manufacturing fault I think, as there was a 2" gap in the sealant that sealed the panels!! Ford didn/t want to know as I bought car in auction. Still, I fixed that last year and at least the water has stopped flooding in on drivers side!

Now I have a very wet boot and also the odd drip of water coming down from the bottom of the glovebox passenger footwell. Also the heater blower has stopped working on 1,2,3 speeds. I've just come in from the rain and noticed a burnt resistor pack adjacent to heater blower.

Does any1 have any knowledge of these problems? May they be linked, well at least the resistor and front water leak?

Apart from the leaks and subsequent steaming up, this a good car with low mileage and I don't want to sell it on (I O more than its worth!!). Can anyone tell me if newer Mondeos are affected by water leaks? I wouldn't mind another Mondeo as long as it was dry!!!!
Mondeo leaking water - Dave N
The resistor pack is well known, and ford has a fix, along with a new piece of wiring loom. They usually make a goodwill gesture of 50%. Leaks in the boot around lamps are also common, as was the sealant problem you already found.
Mondeo leaking water - ASG
Mine is a 99 5 dr, and I have had exactly the same leak through the rear lamp cluster as described in many previous threads on this site - it appeared just outside the initial warranty period! Despite protracted dialogue with the main dealer and the warranry HQ I eventually had to pay to get it fixed.

Ford did not admit that this is a fleet problem, but the evidence here on this site suggests otherwise.
Mondeo leaking water - wrighty_mk2
Hi,
I've been trawling the net to help find out why my mk2 mondeo's drivers footwells fill with water. The first leak came in thro' the heated windscreen cable, dribbled down the A-pillar trim & behind the dash, checked it & it seemed ok.. oh no!
The leak continues from somewhere else, if I get my hand up behind the dash I get the tips of my fingers in a steel trough with the backs of my fingers against the windscreen, this trough fills with water so it doesn't drip in immediatly if you put a hosepipe on it to locate the leak.
Could the gap you've found be above the base of the windscreen?, any help would be greatly appreciated, all those 'wet' electronic boxes behind the dash look expensive to replace!

Cheers,

Wrighty
Mondeo leaking water - MarkSpark
from what I remember it was the panel at the base of the windscreen. As I said it was a matter of removing the whole dash, trims off pillars and then spraying hosepipes to try and see source. It took me ages and needs patience. Lots of toilet tissue to help identify where water is coming in, sometiimes water leaking over the bare metal body is hard to see with naked eye, and then lots of silicon to try and fill up any gaps.
Are you sure that yours iisn't coming thru, a roof problem, door seal ,sunroof or radfio arial?

The only sure way that I can think of is to rip out interior. That's way my local Ford dealer advised me to do it myself, because they knew it was a long, costly job!

Good luck
Thanks for the tips, I'll start with the easy ones first. Looks form the twisted widscreen seal like someones had a go at the leak before,

Cheers.
Cheers mate,
You were dead right, water coming in through a panel joint close to where the rear washer pipe comes in thro' bulkhead, a little higher & offside. Best fixed from inside, pulled back the insulation & moved an electronic box out of the way, dug out old sealant a squashed loads of mastic in the hole.
Never would of thought of this, aimed hosepipe at drivers windscreen then crawled inside with torch & followed the dribble of water to hole,

Thanks mate!
Mondeo leaking water - Chas{P}
Heater fan is a resistor pack that's available at reasonable cost. I cured the rear lamp leak by using caravan sealing mastic which costs less than £4 a roll from caravan parts shops.

HTH