00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - jrheaven
I have a problem where I keep getting the smell of petrol inside the car when the air vents are on and not recirculating. I just had the pollen filter changed in case it was that and also had the exhaust checked but it is still happening. Please can someone point me in the right direction.
00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - Number_Cruncher
Get the car checked before you drive any further - it's dangerous.

When did you last have the fuel filter changed? They are in quite a vulnerable location, and the casings rust through if neglected.
00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - jrheaven
Was replaced at Nationwide Autocentre in June,let's just say we wouldn't use them again!
00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - Number_Cruncher
The filter is new enough not to have any rust problems yet - it's now down to having a really good inspection of all the fuel tank, the filler neck, the cap, the pipes and fittings to check for any leaks.

00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - Peter D
Did the smell start after the filter was changed. I would be suspecting a leak at the filter unions. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 13/11/2009 at 13:30

00 1.6 Petrol smell coming into car - Dynamic Dave
it's now down to having a really good inspection of all the fuel tank the filler neck the cap the pipes and fittings to check for any leaks.

Also lift up the rear seat, peel back the carpet that's already precut, then remove the plastic cover to expose the fuel tank sender unit to check the seal isn't leaking there.

I take it there are no tell tail damp patches on your driveway or wherever you leave the car parked up overnight?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/11/2009 at 14:00