08 1.4 Paintwork - Chris79
Hello All,

I've just finished cleaning the car on Sunday morning, and whilst doing it came across a number of chips in the paintwork. these are on the bonnet, Roof and bumper. I know that these have been caused by stones etc but im suprised that so much damage has been done.

I know little about paint but the way it seems top be flaking off its almost as if it wasn't applied properly?

the car is a year old and has done 19K. Most of this driving is down A roads with little done on motorways.

Is this just normal wear and tear to be expected or does anyone know if this is a problem common to audis?

when the car was bought new i declined the "autoglym "? paint protection. Perhaps this was a mistake?
08 1.4 Paintwork - Dynamic Dave
Welcome to the world of water based paints. Thinner, less durable, and more susceptible to damage.

If not satisfied, take back to the dealer for them to take a look.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/10/2009 at 13:24

08 1.4 Paintwork - bob68
I have the same problem with both our VW's - especially birds. Even cleaned off the same day they go through the paint.

The Golf we had (53 reg) had water based paint but was more resilient. Either that or the birds are getting more powerful.

Just found a burn mark through to the primer on my 57 Passat.