96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - magchas
HI. I have a heater Slider switch which, when i switch on the ignition and slide the heater control from the off position, will sometimes start to blow ,and other times will not,no matter which position of the on off range the control is at.

When Slider is not working I notice that the rear screen heater switch does not illimunate either,and when the fan starts to blow again,I then have the rear window heater again.

Could anyone throw some light on this pls.(I have checked all fuses, all there is OK.and
The heater is ok, heats up and cools down as expected.

Thanks in advance. Chas.
96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - elekie&a/c doctor
The clue is the problem you mention with the hrw.The failure of the heater and hrw together indicates you have a fault with the ignition switch.This is a very common issue with Citroen/Peugeot models.The easiest fix is to get an electrical techie to wire in a power relay to bypass the failed ignition circuit.hth
Thanks a lot for our quick response.Perhaps you coud point me in the direction of a part no or value for the power relay so that I could effect this fix myself.(I have a wiring diagram) Thanks again. Chas.
96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - RichardW
30 amp relay should be big enough. It only needs to be a 4 pin relay, as you only need on/off switching. The slight downside to this job is that you need to remove the steering wheel to get the shrouds off to get to the connector for the ignition switch. That will take longer than fitting the relay (air bag needs to come off).
96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - elekie&a/c doctor
No need to remove steering wheel or cowling.The job can be done by accessing the wiring where it connects into the fuse box.Using a 4 pin relay as suggested,the pins are numbered 30-permanant battery supply;85 ignition supply;86 earth;and 87 will supply the lost ignition circuit that feeds the heater.hth
Job done . Thanks for info, You are A Star. Chas
96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - redxantia
Hi,
dont suppose you would be able to supply an idiots guide on how to wire in the replacement relay could you? Its a 1.8 16v 96 xantia and the problems described by others and yourself are exactly the some. Thanks for any help.
96 1.9d intermittent heater control problem. - dennis29101966

hi there

i am looking to fix this problem,i have bought a relay kit prewired but it says that 85 is the earth but the diagram is for front fog or driving lights.i am happy to do it your way this is y i am seeking your information.i understand the permanent and the earth supplies.and if i am right in saying that 85 goes to a switched supply i.e. when you turn the key to the first mark and it becomes positive,as for the lost feed can you explain how to find this one,this will be much appreciated regards dennis