04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - chubs78
Just bought a Corsa C this week and have struggled driving at night, seems that the lights are not very bright. With dipped headlights on i cant light up the bumper of a car parked 5 to 6 metres in front of me.
Tried the headlight range adjustment but this only moves and lights up when the main beam is switched on.

I have tried changing the bulb but the outer lights don't light up unless the main beams are on.

Any ideas?
04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - Dynamic Dave
Tried the headlight range adjustment but this only moves and lights up when the main beam is switched on.

This adjustment is for the dipped beams. '0' being the highest and '3' being the lowest setting.

>> I have tried changing the bulb but the outer lights don't light up unless the
main beams are on.

Are you saying the dipped beams don't work without the high beam switched on?

04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - Victorbox
We have a Corsa C and the headlights are pretty good. As DD says the headlight beams should go up & down on dipped beam.
04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - chubs78
The problem i have is when i have turned the headlights on from inside the car. The only lights that illuminate are the small round spotlights at the front. The larger outer lights don't light up at all. There is a small light below the bulb that appears to be for the sidelights.

The only time the outer light comes on is when the main beams are on.
04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - elekie&a/c doctor
I would suggest that you check the bulbs,you may have 2 blown dip beam bulbs.Could be that simple.hrh
04 1.2 Dipped Headlights/Main beam - Dynamic Dave
The only time the outer light comes on is when the main beams are on.

This to me sounds like there is a fault with the indicator/headlight stalk if the dipped beams only come on with high beam.