Loss of power - Error code P1556 - tjinhell
Hello all,

2 months ago I had my car serviced, a new timer and tensioner belt were fitted.
10 days later the turbo packed in and a new one was fitted.
14 days after this was fixed the alternator belt jumped its housing and a new alternator was fitted.
30 days later and I am now suffering from an intermittent lack of power particularly when I try to overtake (3rd/4th gears mainly). The error code (P1556) indicates 'Charge Pressure Contr. Negative Deviation'

I have had a look on the t'interweb and on the forum and it seems to be a fairly common experience for a lot of Passat drivers but there seems to be a myriad of reasons why it might be happening.

The same garage has done all the work and I've been going there for 8yrs. 3 months ago I had total confidence in them but now I cant help but have doubts. Is it reasonable that all of the issues are just down to age and wear, or could the other work thats been carried out over the last 2-3 months have affected or contributed to the current issue?

If so, what questions should I be asking the garage?

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Edited by Pugugly on 30/09/2009 at 11:16

Loss of power - Error code P1556 - dancer
the passat some times get a boost over pressure on the turbo goes passed past 2.2 bar the computer shuts this down and you loose power if you pull over turn off your engine of for a second it will reset and your power will be back if it keeps doing this a garage with a vag machine will check it for you sometimes a sticking waist gate on the turbo does this.