Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - ssparks
Hi Guys, I don't know where my earlier post went, so trying again...

I had my car serviced today at a Peugeot dealer. I had the 60 000 service done at 50 000 (car is 7 years old). But the techinician had stamped the 80 000 box on the following page of the service book! When I complained, the lady tippexed this box out, filled in the correct box and attached a note to the book, on their letter head, explaining why this was done.

My car has a clean service history and low mileage, and i feel they have ruined it by making the servuce book look dodgey. Is this going to be a problem? What can I demand they do about it?

Thanks
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - Altea Ego
My car has a clean service history and low mileage and i feel they have
ruined it by making the servuce book look dodgey.

They havent

>>Is this going to be a problem?

no

>>What can I demand they do about it?

Nothing, they have done all they need to and more.

And on a 60,000 mile 7 year old car your full dealer service history is valueless. Have it serviced at a good independent garage next time and save yourself money.

So if I was to sell this car, would it not be a problem that the 80 000 service box has been tippexed out. (and obviously will be filled in once i get there). Would it not look dodgey?

How is a full service history valueless? Surely any buyer would would want to see a service history with no gaps- or tippex!
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - Bill Payer
In all the many cars I've sold privately and p/x'd, I've never known anyone go through the service history.

Dopey Mercedes dealer service advisor put 2007 in my service book after the cars 2008 service - this is potentially an issue with Mercedes as their Mobilo recovery relies on the service history being complete and up to date.

She shrugged and said I could buy a duplicate (which would be stamped "duplicate" service book if I liked!

Edited by Bill Payer on 29/09/2009 at 21:03

How is a full service history valueless? Surely any buyer would would want to see
a service history with no gaps- or tippex!

Yes on a 36000 mile three year old car maybe. It adds no value to a 7 year old car, just keep the receipts amd have it serviced elsewhere for better value next time.
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - davecuk
I had almost the same problem with a Honda, when I came to part ex it, the Honda service history was checked on computer and they questioned the mileage of the car. I explained what happened and showed them the corrected service book, but they weren't having any of it. Luckily my receipts I had kept from the MOT at the same time showed the correct mileage as did the MOT document. All this happened 3 years before I sold the car!

Ensure they have also changed it on the computer records held centrally.
I just (2 weeks ago) p/xd a Honda. They asked if it had full Honda service history and I said "yes" and that was the end of it.
Didn't even ask for the service book when I took the car in - I just left it in the car.

I did hand the salesman all the old MOTs and he looked at me as if I was a bit sad. :)

Edited by Bill Payer on 29/09/2009 at 21:46

Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - sajid
billpayer was it the jazz you part exchanged for a new jazz how is it compared to the old one ?

billpayer was it the jazz you part exchanged for a new jazz how is it
compared to the old one ?

Put some brief comments here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=78...8
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - cheddar
It adds no value to
a 7 year old car just keep the receipts amd have it serviced elsewhere for
better value next time.

Disagree RF, look at the other thread re the 170k mile 03 ST170, if that has a Ford dealer stamp every 10-12k over that mileage it makes it much more attractive.
Nope, `170k mile ST is knackered. and what is worth? nothing

Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - cheddar
Nope `170k mile ST is knackered. and what is worth? nothing>>

Nope, probably a couple of grand, perhaps more if in good order with a history. Could be a great car, regularly serviced, motorway miles, new clutch, brakes, exhaust ...

It could be a fun second car for £2000.
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - gmac
Disagree RF look at the other thread re the 170k mile 03 ST170 if that
has a Ford dealer stamp every 10-12k over that mileage it makes it much more
attractive.

It may make the car easier to sell but adds zero £'s on to how much I would pay for a 170k mile Ford Focus.
A stamped up book without supporting receipts which document what exactly has been done to the car adds no value either.
Why do people throw away/not supply the receipt which is the actual proof of the FSH ?
Ok, back in the room....

Do I need to do, or can I do, anything about the botched up service book?
I wouldn't worry about it if you have the actual receipts to back up the stamps.
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - jbif
Why do people throw away/not supply the receipt which is the actual proof of the FSH ? >>

The stamp proves that your book was stamped, and receipts only prove that you paid money for it. How much of the service was actually done or to the specified standards will remain an unknown.

The receipt proves who you paid money too and document what work was done. The stamp does not prove the car was inside the workshop.

Edited by gmac on 29/09/2009 at 22:33

Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - bell boy
it should be the law that all service books are stuffed under passenger seats or up the back of the passenger dash when they go through auction
oh
they normally are, unless the man with the gavel got given it first
Peugeot service record incorrectly stamped - Mick Snutz
And on a 60 000 mile 7 year old car your full dealer service history
is valueless. Have it serviced at a good independent garage next time and save yourself
money.

I agree. My 406 diesel x reg had a dealer history until I obtained the car at 40k. Now its gets looked after by a good indi garage who still stamps the service book but thats more for my reference. I keep all bills in a folder including tyre receipts etc (sad, I know) but I think when it comes to selling it on I can at least prove I've looked after the car and haven't been a lazy sod and abused it.

Saying that I did get the cambelt changed at a Pug dealer for my own peace of mind but I won't spend money on main dealers if I can avoid it.