When did you get your most recent car? - tyro
When did you last buy/lease/receive a car that was new to you?

In my case, 2003 - September.

(Interestingly enough, in the 15 years between passing my test and finding the Back Room, I got 5 cars. In the 5 years I've been in the Back Room, I have got none.)
When did you get your most recent car? - cheddar
May 2002, still got it 139k miles later.

Edited by cheddar on 28/09/2009 at 20:38

When did you get your most recent car? - Statistical outlier
January 2006. Now on 94k and going strong.
When did you get your most recent car? - Armstrong Sid
Maybe I can be the winner on this one.

Last Friday - three days ago. 08-reg Focus, paid for out of my own money
When did you get your most recent car? - Bromptonaut
My own is a 2000/X Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi estate bought new in October 2000. Originally the family car it's now backup/station hack. Retired to those duties early after a bout of unrelaiblity c2005. Expect to run it into the ground.

SWMBO has a 2005/05 Berlingo 1.9D Multispace bought new in 2005. Originally on lease purchase as three year stop gap during career uncertainty it got stepped up at three months old subbing for the sick Xant on family duty. Kids preferred it and so did we so it stayed in the fleet. It too will be run into the ground.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 28/09/2009 at 21:32

When did you get your most recent car? - Rattle
Several since joining HJ

Jan 2007 - Ford Fiesta 1.1 95 MK3 - My dad was too injured to drive and I needed access to a car so I bought this to drive on L plates but my dad ended up driving it when he got better as his car rusted away during storage. Paid £400 for it, spent £90 on repairs inc the MOT scrapped it two months after MOT when the engine would not start.

August 2007 - Bought a 97 Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia for £850, this is now my dads car and has done 21,000 in it since buying it.

October 2008 - A Fiesta 1.3 96 Encore - this was my first car since passing but sadly had a lot wrong with it only kept it a couple of months.

Feb 2009 - Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Club 16v 5 door 1999 door, still got this car but with my track record it might not be long till I hit those show rooms again!

Edited by Rattle on 28/09/2009 at 21:46

When did you get your most recent car? - RichardS
July 2000 when I got my Vauxhall Omega.

Would have picked up my new car on Saturday but dealer said it hadn't been delivered. Allegedly it will be available on Wednesday, so will be picking it up then assuming nothing goes awry...
When did you get your most recent car? - perro
Bought my 05 Almera 2.5 years ago, I usually out them by now but its such a good little car that its still with us, mind you - I was looking at the V30 over the weekend - very nice!
When did you get your most recent car? - 1066
last thursday.
59 plate c3 picasso
When did you get your most recent car? - SpamCan61 {P}
First week in July, approx. 5 hours after the previous one failed its MOT.
When did you get your most recent car? - rtj70
October 2007. Previous to that and including cars I've had permanent or semi-permanent I had 11 other cars. Only 2 were mine and three were short term "loans" whilst waiting for a stolen car to be written off.
When did you get your most recent car? - LikedDrivingOnce
First week in July approx. 5 hours after the previous one failed its MOT.

Have you updated your user profile since then? :-)
When did you get your most recent car? - SpamCan61 {P}
>> First week in July approx. 5 hours after the previous one failed its MOT.
>>
Have you updated your user profile since then? :-)

LOL, I should just change it to 'some bangernomics Vauxhall' and leave it at that.
When did you get your most recent car? - Avant
April 09 - Octavia vRS Combi. Now rudely referred to by elder daughter as the banger of the family, as her Yaris and SWMBO's Mini are both 59s.
When did you get your most recent car? - Soupytwist
What happened to your Golf estate Avant?
When did you get your most recent car? - brettmick
This Saturday. My car owning story is rather full, but in the last three years...

August 2005 - 05 pre-reg Toyota Corolla
March 2006 - 05 plate demonstrator Saab 93
April 2009 - 09 plate brand new Audi A3
September 2009 - 59 plate brand new Hyundai i10 (registered to me because of the rules of the scrappage scheme but really the Mrs)
This Saturday - 04 plate Subaru Legacy (as we didn't really need the A3 after all now I am using the train).

Car that I most miss? Mk1 RWD Cavalier I bought (when I was 18 years old) with 35k miles up, was an old R plate when I bought it in 92, bright yellow with one replaced panel in a different yellow.

Best bargain? Few years later a mk1 Polo with 40k miles for £50 as the belt had stripped its teeth and the waterpump seized. New waterpump and belt for £40 and all good!

Worst car? A Capri. Hated it.

I go through cars far too quickly.... in 14 years before the above

Allegro
Cavalier
Capri
Sierra
Accord
Polo mk1
Polo bread van
Corsa mk2 (company car)
Talbot (something I can't remember what but it was £70)
Camry
Corolla
Mazda 323

I digress completely. But had fun trying to remember the above list!
When did you get your most recent car? - loskie
25 July V50
When did you get your most recent car? - barneybear
Mine - Sept 2007, brand new Renault Megan Estate, covered 46,000 miles and ready to replace
SWMBO - March 2006, Brand new Espace, covered 37,000 miles, also ready to replace.
Going to be an expensive year! Unless I can get an extra disciount on double purchase!
When did you get your most recent car? - Westpig
March/April 2005....wife's X Type estate....2.0D SE with a load of extras, bought as demonstrator off main dealer. We had it in March on loan for a holiday, gave it back for 2 weeks, then bought it formally...they couldn't let us have it before then due to demonstrator rules on re-sale, from Jag
When did you get your most recent car? - Andy P
End of May this year, the faithful Accord Type-S departed to be replaced with a BMW 335d SE Coupe (insert huge grin here).
Wow, I'm glad I don't drive Renaults if they need replacing a third of the way into a reasonable service life! Scary.

Unless you're just bored, in which case I'm jealous.
When did you get your most recent car? - Downesi1
Yesterday I picked up an 04 plate Mondeo 1.8 Zetec.
When did you get your most recent car? - NowWheels
My most recent car is a 54-reg Nissan Almera automatic purchased Feb 2006. I expect to keep it until it drops.

However, my most recent vehicle is my 1997 Toyota Hiace campervan, purchased in Japan in April 2009, landed in the UK in June, and registered in July. I'll keep it for another year or two, but may sell it on thereafter.

In January 2009 l purchased a 2008 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 estate, for a friend who will keep it until it drops. It's interesting to see that the price of that sort of 9-month Vectra has risen by 25% since January.
When did you get your most recent car? - vxr53
1st May 2009, VW Golf Cabriolet 2000 model, 1 Owner 60k FSH. I think the days of having my roof down are coming to an end!
If we're including cars bought for others, then my most recent purchase was a 59 plate Mazda 2 bought for my gf a couple of weeks ago. Hence the Ka for sale in classifieds.
>>>My most recent car is a 54-reg Nissan Almera automatic purchased Feb 2006. I expect to keep it until it drops.<<<

Must be a 1.8 then N/W - like mine ... what is your currant mileage? mine is showing about 20k with no sign of timing chain problems - I listen to it *obsessively* upon cold starts!
When did you get your most recent car? - NowWheels
Must be a 1.8 then N/W - like mine ... what is your currant mileage?

Yes, mine's a 1.8 too. Current mileage just short of 40,000

I don't worry about the timing chain, because the reports of problems related to the 1.5

Edited by NowWheels on 29/09/2009 at 13:06

>>>I don't worry about the timing chain, because the reports of problems related to the 1.5<<<

Yes, so I'm led to believe, ya still gotta use a good oil though and change it regularly.
I may well even keep mine til it goes belly up, such a well (British) made car.
When did you get your most recent car? - barney100
Summer, used V50d. Had volvo estates before and they are great workhorses, bit wary of the dmf though.
When did you get your most recent car? - Andrew-T
end-July: 1990 Pug 205 soft-top, 45K miles. Great fun

last Christmas: April 2008 Pug 207 SW, ex-rental. Reliable and economical
When did you get your most recent car? - Waino
November 1997 - Mondeo 2L Ghia estate. It was my company car and I bought it off 'em after 4 years. It's now on 162k, but I'm too sensible to bother with the scrappage scheme even though the car is probably on its last year (MoT next June). The reason I could afford to buy a Continental is because I don't waste money on cars ;-)
When did you get your most recent car? - LikedDrivingOnce
May 2009, under the scrappage scheme. SWMBO got a Mercedes CLC Coupe.
(replaced a 1993 Vauxhall).

My own car was purchased in September 2006. A BMW 320d Touring, which replaced a 1997 Nissan Primera (which is the car that I have liked the best out of all the ones that I have owned).
When did you get your most recent car? - Soupytwist
January 2003 - Skoda Octavia estate company car which I bought at the end of the lease and still have, 133000 miles later

March 2003 wife's 02 plate Seat Ibiza TDI which we also still have 57,000 miles later.

Thinking of replacing one or other soonish - probably the Seat with something 4 seater coupeish.