Part exchange on car - VO5 shows old address - RichardS
Hi

I have just agreed to part-ex my existing Vauxhall Omega as part of the purchase for my new car (for very little money - but I wasn't expecting much). I have all the necessary documents etc but the VO5 does carry my old address as I never got it changed when I moved to my current address 4 years ago.

I know if this was a scrappage scheme transaction I would most likely lose out as they have to be whiter than white, but this isn't under the scheme - it's a straightforward part ex where it will be pushed thru the local auctioneers.

Is the dealer likely to be worried about this? It does have my name on the VO5, just a previous address (which my parents still live at, incidentally).
Part exchange on car - VO5 shows old address - Dwight Van Driver
Four years ago when you moved there was an obligation on you to inform DVLA of change of address........a most heinous of crimes but not attracting deportation.

Limitation on Proceedings have now kicked in and your outside the scope for prosecution.

One does however wonder how you received those bits and pieces sent from DVLA to your current address??????? forwarded by the Mammy no doubt.

As far as the garage is concerned consider using your old home as an address for the change
which is one you can be contacted at.

Cannot see them making an issue.

dvd

Part exchange on car - VO5 shows old address - RichardS
Thanks

You're quite right: the parental home is actually within a mile of where I now live so I pop round regularly to pick the mail up! Should have informed the DVLA but laziness always got in the way...

They already have my address details at the new house (due to me taking finance on the new car) so I'll have to see how it pans out. It isn't critical to the purchase (car just isn't worth more than a few full tanks in the new beast) but with any luck they won't refuse!
Part exchange on car - VO5 shows old address - Dave_TD
VO5 is a brand of shampoo, isn't it?

I think you mean V5, the Vehicle Registration Document.

(pedant mode off)