05 1.3 Remote Key No Longer Works - pcmd1970
My key stopped remotely locking a few days ago, as car is three yrs old I thought the battery was expired. I got the relevant battery and fitted the replacement however there is still no life in it. Locks work fine with the key inserted, do I need to get the key re-codedin some way by ford dealer? thanks for any help

05 1.3 Remote Key No Longer Works - madf
Read the handbook.
Yes I read the manual before posting, it specifies what battery to get and how to disasseble/reassemble the key. It doesn't say re-programming is required - yet my key doesn't work - hence the question.
05 1.3 Remote Key No Longer Works - MikeTorque
It's worth checking the cars battery voltage is ok, 12.6v after it's been standing for 1 hour+, less than 12.4v and the central locking can sometimes struggle.

As you've replaced the key battery it's not that so it could be the key switch not functioning or the central locking sensor remote detector malfunction.

You could try reprogramming the remote key as per the manual instructions for opening the doors with 1 or 2 key presses, if it doesn't do anything then suspect the above.
Tried re-programming and it worked!! It may seem obvious to most of you but the manual doesn't even hint that this may be necessary - Thanks very much

05 1.3 Remote Key No Longer Works - MikeTorque
Good result, well done. Manuals/documentation don't tend to have everything in them that they should, it's an area Ford needs to improve.
05 1.3 Remote Key No Longer Works - jc2
It certainly used to be in the handbook but I agree that my current Ford makes no mention of it-the code is lost if you take more than a few minutes to change the battery.