94 2.7 Auto gearbox - is it adjustable? - Greg Ledder
Hi All!
We recently bought a '94 Terrano Mistral 2.7td LWB auto and it's developed a problem with the gearbox in that if I put on too much gas the engine revs go up but the box doesn't change gear but if I'm careful with the revs it changes gear ok - though with a little harshness until warmed up.
Does anyone have the same problem and is this a major repair job or can the gearbox be adjusted in any way?
I'm not sure when the car was last serviced and this will be done soon - wether this will help or not I don't know.

Also,does anyone know how to remove the dash clock assembly as I need to convert the speedo dial from KMH to MPH and replace some dash bulbs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Greg.
94 2.7 Auto gearbox - is it adjustable? - Collos25
Sounds like the clutches are on there way out I can see a new gearbox coming along shortly.
Sounds like the clutches are on there way out I can see a new gearbox
coming along shortly.

Cheers for that Andy - sounds like a megabucks job! Better start saving up......
94 2.7 Auto gearbox - is it adjustable? - piston power
Try changing the oil and filter the automatic transmission fluid gets burnt and new oil can do the trick also drain torque converter if you can or drain box then run for a few miles and do again a bit of a pain but then you get all the old oil out.
Many thanks mate - I'll make sure that the gearbox oil and filter are changed when it goes in for a service.If it does the trick I'll be well chuffed but knowing my luck it'll turn out to be something more sinister......