Vivaro 06 36k 2.9 cdti - engine breakdown - dazzlindar1968
i have a vauxhall vivaro 2900 cdti on a 56 plate. milage 36,000 approx. warrenty up the end of this month. garage has told me and i have seen for myself 10 inch crack in engine block. has anyone come across this before. engine has been serviced twice since purchase at recommended milage. surely these engine would last longer than this . now have a bill of 2,500.00 to get fixed.would be greatful for anyones thoughts.

Edited by Pugugly on 06/09/2009 at 17:10

engine breakdown - Blue {P}
If the warranty isn't expired until the end of this month then how come you have to pay anything? Even if the warranty expired last month I would be looking for a major contribution from Vauxhall for this!
engine breakdown - dazzlindar1968
because in service manual it states service whitin 12 months or 18,000 miles, i did not pick up on the 12 months issue and it got serviced by the garage after 15 months but before 18,000 miles .
engine breakdown - perro
Have a look on here dazz ~ www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php scroll down to the Vauxhall section.
engine breakdown - component part
Pretty unfair to have you on a relatively minor technicality. No one can argue that being 3 months in time late for a service would have contributed to an engine block cracking, surely that is most likely caused by a pre existing manufacturing defect.
yes is unfair and as of yet no way of finding out if there is a defect with these engines.
engine breakdown - gordonbennet
Have you actually asked Vauxhall to repair this under warranty and have they indeed refused due to service schedule being not adhered to?
they will repair van but i have to pay 2,500 towards repairs.