Honda quality?? - Malcolm
Since buying a Honda civic 1.6 se Aerodeck new in march it has not been problem free.
1- Two power steering pumps fitted both of which made an annoying whine.
2- Sunroof glass replaced due to faulty rubber seal.
3- Two door panels replaced, one cut the other twisted.
4- Rear seatbelt replaced after trapping occupant.
5-Windscreen incorrectly fitted preventing one corner trim being clipped down fully home (the dealer offered to remove the bonded screen and replace it correctly which I just laughed at preferring to live with it the way it is rather than to see rust emerge in the future).
6-And finally I am informed that I now need the distributer replaced due to a rattle when cold!
My wife has had a 92 civic since new and has had no problems other than having to replace the radiator on top of normal servicing + tyres, exhausts etc. This car was built in Japan the other was built in Swindon!
Might think again about keeping this car long term.
(Disillusioned)
Re: Honda quality?? - Marcus
This is a disgrace !

You would be better getting rid of this and replacing it with a new model civic.

My mother has had loads of japanese Civics and they've all been superb.
Re: Honda quality?? - Malcolm
Marcus,
The new civic has not had time to prove itself yet and the build quality, especially the interior trim is nothing to shout about despite what the motoring press sayand a source within the honda dealership confirms this with me.
There seems to be a trend away from quality manufacturing to be competitive.
Yes the Japanese Hondas were superb but I do not think the quality can be matched in Swindon where incidently the new Civic is produced.
Regards, Malcolm