90 988 starting problems - hoggie
HI - I have been having problems with my micra K10.

It really doesn't like mornings. Most mornings it won't start at all - turns over perfectly but won't fire, then later in the day when it ha shad the sun on it's bonnet, it will start first time around.

I have replaced distributor cap, rotor arm, and leads which have made it sound a little less "rough" when it does start, but doesn't actually help with the problem. Yesterday I charged the battery fully (as I thought that I had been trying to start it so much I don't want to completely deaden the battery) and this mornign it did try to start.

I am sort of guessing that I have got some leaky wiring somewhere maybe?

Can anyone help with this please

OH - yes it is a pretty new problem, I have had the car abotu a year, and it started this in July.

Many thanks

hoggie
90 988 starting problems - bell boy
points gap 0.4mm no pip
When I ordered the cap and rotor arm etc, I did order a new set of points, which I had almost plucked up courage to try and change (haven't done one of those before :( ). But when I took the rotor arm off, I still couldn't find the points, there must be another layer to come off under the rotor arm? So I chickened out LOL. Any ideas on how I get past that layer to the points please?

TIA

hoggie
OH ugh - Have just spent some time scratching my head over the Haynes manual and figured out why I can't find the points - it has an "integrated circuit ignition unit" in the place where the points should have been AAARRRGGGHHH. I am not happy - this was supposed to be a car I could learn to work on myself :( And the thing that is REALLY bugging me is that I had to go and get VI number to order parts for it in order (so they said) that they could check that the parts I was ordering were the right ones :(

Oh well - rant over - just thought I would add this piece of info in case it changes anything. Although according to the Haynes I still need to check the gap between the "reluctor" and the baseplate poles.

hoggie