Oh boy......! - HF
Just posted (possibly overlong?) post asking for advice re car-buying - it's not turned up here nor in the tech room.

Wish I'd copied it somewhere so I could paste it here, but I didn't, I did't realise (naively) that computer technology is still out to get me and to prevent me from asking questions which I NEED to know answers to!

Ah well, too late for tonight but I will try and rewrite it tomorrow - if I can, baby-sitting duties with very small child might affect my computer access until later tomorrow night.

But it WAS a motoring thing - I was asking for advice on whether to buy a certain car or not!

Jeez that mail took me sooo long to put into relatively coherent-motoring terms - now I've gotta do it all over again!

Ah well, will try again tomorrow,

take care all!
Oh boy......! - HF
PS Hi Mark/Martyn - do you know why my post never made it here? I'm pretty sure it wasn't you two deleting me, because there was nothing offensive/or even argumentative in it at all! It was a bit long, I'll confess, but nowhere near as long as some I've seen here!! Maybe my human error- only I know I wrote it fine and then pushed 'post'. Ah well, never mind, will re-write and re-post as soon as I can cos I sure could do with a bit of advice from you guys.(just maddening cos I'd got it all exactly right, how I wanted to say it and how I wanted to ask you all,and now I have to start from square one again!)Ah well such is life.
Helpless.
Oh boy......! - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Know what you mean, HF. Makes you want to kick one of those nice traffic wardens, doesn't it?

Have a look through the nearby thread "virtual black hole." Digest the precautions and you won't be troubled again.

I know these things..................grrrr
Oh boy......! - THe Growler
The Truth is out there somewhere.....I just can't recall the URL off-hand....
Oh boy......! - Mark (RLBS)
No one has deleted you. And posts show up immediately.

If you take longer than 20 minutes or so to write it, then the system will have logged you out. When you go to post, it will ask you to log in. Unfortunately you will lose your post in the process.

If, when you click on post, it asks you to log in, do not. Use the back command on your browser and return to where your ntoe is written. Copy it and either hold it in the buffer, or paste it into something such as word and then log in.

After that you can paste and post the note.

mark, martyn and Steve...? - Ian (Cape Town)
to avoid this, I've tried to write in "word" and then paste in - the post gets covered in ? and ? stuff, instead of " and '.
Can a 'filter' be built into the programme to change these thingies to the correct ' and "s (if you know what I mean...)
mark, martyn and Steve...? - J Bonington Jagworth
Try composing in WordPad - it's not as 'intelligent' as Word. Any text editor will do - the simpler the better (e.g. Notepad)...
mark, martyn and Steve...? - HF
OK, thanks all - Mark I'm pretty sure I was already logged in but wouldn't swear to it.

And it certainly didn't take longer than 20 mins.

Will digest all the precautions and try again later!