03 2.0TDCi not sure if the air filter was changed? - Big Dee
How can I get to the air filter on the 2.0 Diesel TDCi ?

What is the procedure please.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/08/2009 at 14:35

03 2.0TDCi Air Filter location? - Collos25
It is in a big black box under the bonnet suggest you buy a Haynes manual if you cannot find the air filter I doubt if you have the ability to change it.
03 2.0TDCi Air Filter location? - Big Dee
Hi Andy,

Sorry, I guess the topic title was misleading (was late in evening when I posted it)...

I know where the air filter is and have fitted ones in other cars but not on the Mondeo.

The reason I need to check it is that it has apparently been changed in a garage but looking at the the filter housing, the three (rusted) screws and the metal hose clip on the outlet hose appears to be _untouched_.

So I'm wondering how has the air filter been changed without any obvious signs of new/re used clip at hose. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I want to check the filter for myself that the job has been done but don't want to be undoing things unnecessarily.

Thanks.

{I've amended the title (again) to hopefully go some way toward the question you're asking}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/08/2009 at 14:36

03 2.0TDCi Air Filter location? - davecuk
Undo the clips, remove the top of the box and look at the filter....shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes
03 2.0TDCi Air Filter location? - spikeyhead {p}
If its any consolation, I don't think my Mondeo had its air filter changed for the first 110,000 miles of its life. Still runnign well with 176k on it
Thanks for all your replies.

I have not worked with the type of clips that are on the hose.
Looks like original Ford type. I want to take them out without damaging them. Any ideas?

The car was serviced a year ago and was told the air filter was replaced then at the garage.

Spikeyhead, you done well for 176K !

Regards.

03 2.0TDCi Air Filter location? - kithmo
You don't have to remove the hose clip, just undo the screws on the airbox and split it. There is enough give in the air hose to allow you to lift the top and remove the filter without removing the hose. Unplug the MAF sensor if it has one.
Hi and sorry for the late reply, I've been away.

I'll try what Kith has suggested, seems like the easier option.

Thanks a lot.