04 1.3 Any known problems? - piston power
My brother is getting one of these the petrol model unsure of engine size i have put 1.3 but i don't know what it is but petrol.

Do these have any issues?

Do they have a timing belt? at what mileage is replacement?
04 1.3 Any known problems? - madf
See Car by Car breakdown. 3rd from left.

Basically v reliable
04 1.3 Any known problems? - Hamsafar
I used to hire these and really liked them, but the later model did nothing for me at all.
See Car by Car breakdown. 3rd from left.

Thanks done that lots to read, any owners know of any other probs?

Did not see is the 1.3 a cam belt engine?
04 1.3 Any known problems? - madf
Chain.. not cam belt.
I've had mine #3 years: it's now 6 years old. Wear and tear: front disks and anti roll bar bushes. Otherwise 100%

# Yaris diesel.

Read the thread at toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=49

Very few problems reported.
04 1.3 Any known problems? - Wurzel83
A friend has had one of these for 3 years and no probs apart from the rear mudguard rubbing against the wheel.
04 1.3 Any known problems? - henry k
Several years ago I got a S/H early 1.3 CDX for my daughter.
(I read that the 1.0 was buzzy at speed.) It has performed well and she still has it.
One replacement battery has been fitted since we bought it.
Only failures have been an anti rollbar linkage bolt ( £45 ) and an odd intermittent radio fault which may be an earthing problem - the radio goes totally mushy when the lights are switched on - most odd.
A quote two years ago, in writing, from a main dealer, for an exhaust system , for a V reg was £ 8 4 5. The main dealer needs a few words in his ear especially has it has yet again passed the MoT with no problems.

The small feature that annoys me is no keyhole in the passenger front door. :-(

I like the Yaris but do not have other cars in its class to compare it with.

Edited by henry k on 09/08/2009 at 10:35

Thanks for the replys i found out this is a 1.0 vvti it has 25k and a 54 plate it seems a nice car but has a oil leak from left hand side around oil pressure switch i think just under head looks like it may have leaked at some time told him to keep an eye on it.