05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - welshpear
Hi, I've a 05 peugeot 407 sw 2.0 hdi with 6 speeds box.

The car will not start when engine is warm. Sometime, it will be struggled to start if the enine tempture is around 75 degree.

It starts first time in the morning without a singe problem.

The car drives fine at any temp and it will go like normal. However, as soon as you stop the engine when is warm and it will not start whatsoever. The only thing I can do is to wait the engine cooled down.

I've plug the computer and it showed no fault code.

Anyone got any idea what could cause this problem.

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 07/08/2009 at 15:59

05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - michaeletc
Did you resolve this issue as we have exactly the same problem with exactly the same model of car. We have changed the EGR valve, the fuel pump and filter and filter housing, and fuel lines to no avail...Really would appreciate any help with this.
05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - najkingsway
hi i have exactly the same problem and would appreciate any help did anyone resolve the problem with the peugeot 407 not starting when hot, like i say any help would be greatly appreciated
05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - hkpcjoe

Olvastam a problémáját ami nálam ugyan az, én magyar vagyok és nem biztos,hogy értheto amit leírok,de remélem valamennyire sikerül elolvasnia...... kérdezném önt,hogy sikerült-e megfejteni-e a hiba jelenséget és ha leírná részletesen felsorolva ,hogy mit kellett megjavítania az autón miket kellett kicserélni mi volt a fo hiba......azzal nekem nagy segítséget adna.....köszönöm elore is

várom megtisztelo válaszát.......

Tisztelettel:Joe

e-mail: hkpcjoe@gmail.com

05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - Enginostics

I have come across this problem in the past and it can be a pain to pin point. Code readers are just a tool and don't always help. We use the Autoboss V30 scanner but also use storage scopes which are a must when doing diagnostics.

Back to your problem, here is what i would check in order:

1) Crank Sensor - They can fail due to engine temp. Check the sensor using a scope.

2) ECT - Use a multimeter on the ECT sensor. Start the engine cold and data log the output. Let the engine heat up, turn off and try starting the engine when warm. Monitor the output.

3) Fuel System - Air in the fuel system. Check quantity adjuster and pump.

4) Injectors - Check injectors on a 4 channel scope.

5) Exhaust system/Catalytic Converter - Check for blockage / Restriction.

I hope this has been useful. Do or get these checks done. I bet you will find the problem.

Good Luck.

Edited by WellKnownSid on 24/08/2010 at 20:54

05 2.0hdi wouldn't start when engine warm - hkpcjoe

Olvastam a problémáját ami nálam ugyan az, én magyar vagyok és nem biztos,hogy értheto amit leírok,de remélem valamennyire sikerül elolvasnia...... kérdezném önt,hogy sikerült-e megfejteni-e a hiba jelenséget és ha leírná részletesen felsorolva ,hogy mit kellett megjavítania az autón miket kellett kicserélni mi volt a fo hiba......azzal nekem nagy segítséget adna.....köszönöm elore is

várom megtisztelo válaszát.......

Tisztelettel:Joe

e-mail: hkpcjoe@gmail.com