Which tyres give the most comfortable ride? - LikedDrivingOnce
I need to buy new run-flat tyres for my car and I wondered if there was anyone in the BR who can give me any advice.

The car came with Continentals and when they wore out I put Bridgestones on them. I've found no difference in ride comfort, noise, road holding, but the Bridgestones have lasted a little bit longer.

I have toyed with the idea of putting regular tyres on the car, but decided to stay with the run-flats.

What I need to know is: Which brand/model gives the most comfortable ride?

Thanks in advance.
Erm....I'll assume that is a "No" then.

Does this means that the brains trust are stumped?

Serves me right for having Run-Flat Tyres, I suppose :-(
Which tyres give the most comfortable ride? - volcane

I had Michelin runflats on my car (330d e91 Msport 18inch). I found them to be excellent if a little expensive and as good as any tyre I've had on any car.
Thanks for the feedback, volcane.

Maybe I'll give Michelin a try then.
Which tyres give the most comfortable ride? - Bagpuss
I have a 5 Series with Bridgestone Run Flats (17"). They are a big improvement in terms of ride, noise and tramlining compared to the Bridgestone RFTs on my last BMW. I think the RFT technology used by all the tyre manufacturers is still evolving.
Which tyres give the most comfortable ride? - Pezzer
Have you tried one of the BMW forums ? Suspect/Know you will find much discussion on this subject !!
Have you tried one of the BMW forums ? Suspect/Know you will find much discussion
on this subject !!

Thank You. That is a very good suggestion.

I've never frequented BMW forums, because I am not really a "BMW driver" or interested in BMWs (buying the car was an accident which will not be repeated).

I'll just use Google and find some, unless there are any that you can particularly recommend?
Which tyres give the most comfortable ride? - Pezzer
Try BMWland.co.uk which is probably the best known. I used to use www.babybmw.net which is aimed at the 1series but of course the RFTs are fitted to these too and have always been a hot topic.

There are many others too but as usual Google is your friend !

i think the point made earlier about the technology evolving is well made. The second set of tyres I put on my 1 series were far better than the originals, despite being the same brand.