Autoaid Breakdown Service - BobbyG
After recommendation on this site, last year I took this out for my wife as it seemed the cheapest and most straight forward, especially as her car is used primarily for work commuting and never too far away from home.

My own SEAT's 2 year SEAT assistance has now ran out so need to arrange cover for that as well. So thinking that 2x £37 isn't too bad for 2 cars.

However on reading the Autoaid wording, and phoning them to confirm, it would appear that this £37 covers the policyholder AND their spouse in whatever cars they drive!! (Interestingly one of the criteria is that the car must have a spare tyre!).

OK I know its an insurance policy rather than staright forward breakdown cover, but £37 to take away the hassle involved in a breakdown for 2 different cars (or people in reality) is a great deal.

Unless anyone has seen anything different?
Autoaid Breakdown Service - jc2
Who do they use to recover you?? or does it not include recovery.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - BobbyG
The way it works, you either arrange recovery or do it through their breakdown service but you can then reclaim all the cost of the breakdown and you receive payment within 10 days.

Assume they use a network of local independents (similar to what Green Flag used to do (Not sure if they still do it that way)
Autoaid Breakdown Service - martint123
(Interestingly one of the criteria is that the car must have a spare tyre!).

Most have that clause in their very small print - so good for Autoaid to make it conspicuous.

I have confirmation from them that this would not apply to my bikes as carrying two spare wheels on each bike would be a bit impractical.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - bathtub tom
>>carrying two spare wheels on each bike would be a bit impractical.

Vespas used to manage it!

I'll go and wash my mouth out. ;>)
Autoaid Breakdown Service - Falkirk Bairn
I pay £88 for 2 cars -full cover except Europe with GreenFlag

Autoaid £74 according to OP

£14 to avoid claim hassle if I breakdown? Probably worth it.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - KB.
Been with them since 1983. I just paid £35 for Mrs. & I. Would cover both cars for both of us (except that new Jazz has AA cover with it). Roadside and or Recovery included. You can ask them to send out a recovery/repair firm or get one of your choice...up to you. And if you do claim they pay you out - provided it's within the rules, obviously. If it's £37, then it's just gone up - such is life.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - Alby Back
I've had AA membership for as long as I can remember. Only really got my money's worth while I had the Espace. They worked for their money for a couple of years then.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - steveo3002
the way i understood its not limited to 2 cars ...any cars you own are covered(that fit the terms), or if youre in a mates car that conks out thats covered too
Autoaid Breakdown Service - KB.
My booklet is a couple years old so check the latest version but can?t see mention of spare wheel being compulsory. Re ?your mates??.It does say "driving" not "in"...... any vehicle which qualifies ie. saloon, hatchback, estate, car derived van, m/cycle, motorised caravan under 2.5 tons gross with engine not exceeding 2500cc. Home breakdown up to £65. Caravan and trailers covered up to 3 metres. Toll fees paid. Must be legally married husband/wife. Emergency overnight accom. up to 5 passengers / alternative travel up to 5 passengers. Can?t see anything re. age of vehicle although did think there was a limit at one time. And it?s gone up to £37 since I renewed. Cover provided by Equity Red Star.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - martint123
Autoaid £74 according to OP

No - he thought it was but found a single policy at £37 covered a pair of spouses and any number of vehicles they drove/rode
Autoaid Breakdown Service - R75
I pay £118 for 2 cars (£59 per car) for full european cover, including hire car if yours breaks down and full uk home start, rescue and relay. Personally I think it's a fantastic price for the cover we get. Got it through Quotelinedirect.
Autoaid Breakdown Service - oscarc1
Hi,

Had autoaid for 3 years now £37 for both cars / drivers.

Broke down on m40 on sunday (water pump went in my merc).

Got a truck out in an hour, towed me home. Got another truck out to ship it to the garage for repair (despite small print saying one journey only)

Good service so far - got to put the claim in but they've been prompt and helpful so far.

AA are very expensive in compairson
Autoaid Breakdown Service - alfatrike
i insure my car and bike seperately with carole nash and they throw the full uk and eu service for free. they use a local garage network and call them instantly. under 30 minutes each time i have had to use them.