99 1.2 seat belt - slowdown avenue
car just passed its mot, and now drivers seat belt locks in but dosen't go click. i ve read this a common problem with corsa, was wondering would it be ok to leave it like this.
99 1.2 seat belt - topbloke
what do you mean it dosen't go click, two questions dose it release and dose it lock in place if answer is yes to both then whats the problem if the answer is no to either then change it for safety's sake, Regards TB
it dosent go clunlk clink. have to press it home and it locks in, its like the spring has sliped downin side the buckle. i guess the mot tester gave it a good banging about. i wondered though would it hold tight for ever like this or do i need to replace sooner
99 1.2 seat belt - bell boy
if you could take the plastic sides off you will indeed find a spring has broke
ive replaced a few of these on fords for this very reason ,never done a corsa though
be aware you need to pin the pretensioner before you remove the seat and the seat belt bit if you go the scrappie route,this by the way is quite safe as if the seat has been in an accident then there will be a large yellow plastic tag protruding from the buckle in the seat
i would change it or other wise one morning you will clip the belt in, it will fly out and break one of your front teeth
i can answer my own question now. seat belt buckle gave out this morning. so pluged into passenger side. as it happens i have a spare from a 1997 model, but again haynes manual say they changed slightly in 1999. any way going into me garage now to try and sort it out