Car on Order - Can I delay it until September - Neilly
Ordered a new Golf and have been given a delivery date of week 38. It was week 40. If they keep moving the date forward I might be unlucky and get it say the last week of August.

Anyone know if I can say to the garage that I want it for September delivery on a 59 plate. Or do I have to go with what the garage says.

TIA

Nail.

{typo in header amended}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/07/2009 at 20:02

Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - brum
Unless it specifies - to be registered by or before - or words to that effect on your signed copy of the order form then you can do as you like. Its your money.
Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - ifithelps
From other experiences relayed on here, I think your reg target might turn out to be March, next year.
Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - cuthbert
It depends on the dealer if it is just 1 week or 2 I do not think it will be a problem !!

Are you trading a car in ?? if so the dealer would have priced your trade in at expected date of collection so if it is earlier the dealer would benefit as he had your trade in a bit earlier and be worth a tad more

Edited by cuthbert on 01/07/2009 at 10:58

Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - Mr X
For whose benefit is the ' date ' element of our registration system ?
Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - Neilly
Thanks for the replies.

No trade in either.

Just wanted to ask if I could get a 59 if the car is in fact ready before September. Started at week 40 now week 38.

Neil.
Car on Order - Can I delay it until Spetember - rtj70
I once ordered a car (company/lease one at that) with a delivery date well in to Sept. Mine turned up a month early. You'd have thought the lease company would have said no but it didn't. It came just before plates changes from T to V prefixes.

So I had it for two weeks, parked it up for to weeks and then went on holiday. 5 months later it was stolen ;-) But did have a new turbo and gearbox in that time. Ho hum.

Edited by rtj70 on 01/07/2009 at 21:40