Virtual black hole - Carole
Have I been barred from this site or something? Or is the BR software having a bad day? I've just sent a (very rare for me these days) post (twice) in reply to the Forums (oh OK, fora) one giving my perspective on why I don't post. Hmmmmm. Paranoia setting in. So this is a kind of test - on a few fronts, actually, and if anyone finds the original one, can they do something creative with it? Or preferably, reply to it. You'll see what I mean by the above if you ever read it. I just don't think I have the energy to write it all again.....
Virtual black hole - The Watcher
Well that post is ok!

Sometimes funny things happen when you post to a forum :-)
Virtual black hole - M.M
Carole,

I bet you spent too long composing it, after a while the screen will time-out but you don't realise it unless the posts go missing.

Some folks compose in Notepad/Word etc and paste in...but beware that some of the punctuation in Word messes up in the forum and comes out as a string of characters.

We do really need to hear what you have to say, even if a brief second attempt!

David W
Virtual black hole - Citroënian {P}
DW wrote:
>>after a while the screen will time-out but you don't realise it unless the posts go missing.

Ah...I learned something at school today!

Lee.

Virtual black hole - Mark (RLBS)
Carole,

I think David must be right, I can't find anything to suggest that anything else could have happened to your posts.

The questions are;

1) Did you remember to click on "Post" ? I forget sometimes.
2) If you did, did it immed. ask you to login ?

Mark.
Virtual black hole - M.M
I only mention it because I've had it a couple of times when composing a real work of art, if I remember you click post and it all appears to work but the post just isn't there.

I know one new poster who was very slow typing and thought he may have been blocked because the posts never appeared. When I used his PC to do a 30sec one-liner it was perfect.

David W
Virtual black hole - Carole
Mark - yes, and yes (and then I did the second as asked. Fat lot of good it did me). David - it did take me ages, it was indeed a work of art. I obviously didn't realise just how long it was taking me. Actually that was because I was trying to word it carefully because there were some negative comments in it.

Maybe if I get time I will try to redo it, on the slight off chance that it offers anything useful to the debate. And I'll paste it somewhere safe once I've written it, just in case.....

Virtual black hole - Mark (RLBS)
If you think you have taken a while to write a post, then follow the advice already given....

Select all the text using the mouse and then right click and copy, or Control-c to copy. If anything then goes wrong you can open a new one and control-v or right click paste it back in.

Further, if you click on post and it asks you to login, do *not* do so. Go back using the menu option "view/goto/back" or use ALT-left_arrow and copy the text.

Mark.
Virtual black hole - matt35 {P}
Lee,
Reminded me of the kid on first day at school - puts his hand up in class...
Teacher - 'Yes Jimmy?'
Jimmy - 'Miss - are there lumps in a fart?'
Teacher - 'No Jimmy - there are no lumps in a fart'
Jimmy - 'I want to go home in my mammys car'

Read this quick before it gets the heave!

Matt35
Virtual black hole - Arfur
Simple technique that has worked for me in the past (particularly with a very unreliable office internet connection) is when you have finished writing your post just select all the text with the mouse and right click-copy. Then post and if there are any problems you can repost using the text you have just copied to the clipboard.
Similarly when you have tried to post and it doesn't seem to have worked you are free to have a look at the thread before reposting. This prevents the double posts that are often seen.
Virtual black hole - Dynamic Dave
Just to add to HJ's suggestion of composing in word and then pasting in, please remember to hit the preview button first and delete any spurious characters that might appear, such as &@&0#, that can sometimes occur. Its a little pet hate of mine - seeing those strange characters littered in amongst the posters article.
Virtual black hole - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
What the hell's going on? I didn't post this..................

I'm easily confused....................