AstraVan Sportive - The Griffin

I have been offered a Pre Reg Sportive 1.7 CDti in Star Silver 09 Reg No Miles for £9995 Plus Vat From a Main Dealer In Ilkeston Derbyshire This shows a Big Saving against the List Price and it does have Air Con.

Does anyone no what Structure Wheels are??
Any advice on the 1.3 or 1.7 or 1.9 Engines (i dont carry a big weight)

I dont have a Part Exchange, I am VAT regd, and dont wont finance

Any help or advice on the dealer or van would help

Sorry if this is not an Astra H its just the latest model Idont know what letter they are??
AstraVan Sportive - redviper
Hi

It is the Astra H

I wouldnt have the 1.3 in a car this size, i would go for the 1.9 a mate of mine has it in the Astra Estate (same as the van) and its great for the size of car, and very powerfull i guess that the 1.7 will be just as good

I think most of, if not all Astra's have Aircon, dont know about the vans though and you will have to check

Edited by redviper on 23/06/2009 at 18:21

Thaks for that I assume the van is quite a bit lighter in weight as it has no seats etc in the back.
I cannt find consumption figures for vans any ideas??
AstraVan Sportive - Dynamic Dave
I cannt find consumption figures for vans any ideas??

Goto www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/owners/servicing/servicing...w

Download the relevant handbook (can only find a July 2007 one, so might be slightly out of date) and then look up the info from page 316 onwards. It might give you some idea of the figures.
AstraVan Sportive - Lud
A naked-cambelt snorting-monster 2 litre BTCC engine, with suitable suspension and braking tweaks, is said to be very amusing in small Vauxhall vans. I like cars like that.
AstraVan Sportive - MacGuyver
According to What Van, the fuel consumption for the 1.3 on their road test was 53mpg. I'd have thought you'll get something similar from the 1.7, which is good engine.
I think Structure is just the style name of the alloys.
One note of caution. Make sure you wouldn't be better off with the combo, it's cheaper and can be specified with a side loading door, which lets you get to the front of the load area without crawling in the back or reaching over the half height bulk head in the Astravan.
Also the load area of the Astravan is 1.6sqm, whereas the Combo(with folding bulkhead) is 3.2sqm.

Edited by MacGuyver on 23/06/2009 at 20:29

AstraVan Sportive - stunorthants26
Except of course if you have the combo, peopel will think the postman has arrived :-)
Except of course if you have the combo peopel will think the postman has arrived
:-)

Very true. Used to have an ex post office van, whenever I arrived on site brickies would start whistling the Postman Pat theme.
Think you'd be OK with a white one though, people think you work for BT then.
Combo Option

They are cheap the same dealer (smiths of ilkeston) is selling 1.3 CDti Combos no Side Door for £6995 Plus Vat in White But do they drive as well as an Astra Van Sportive (The Credit Crunch May Have The Answer To That)
The Combo won't be as good to drive as the Sportive. Having said that, I wasn't too impressed with the Astra H Estates that I've driven. The Combo suffers from wind noise (like most high cubes) from the back and you do feel like you're in a fish tank with the huge windscreen, but I found the 1.3 nippy enough; I'd have thought it would be adequate, specially seeing as you don't carry much weight. Go for a spin in a Combo and see what you think.
Suppose it depends what you want from your van, Combo's a workhorse, Astravan compromises usability for ride comfort.
AstraVan Sportive - 3T
I have an 'H' with the 1.7 , IMO it is the pick of the derv engines for the astra . The 1.3 is a bit breathless and the 1.9 is a complicated and slighty fragile (swirl flaps, egr , inlet manifold).
I am getting a regular 53 mpg in mixed commuting in summer months , drops to 48 mpg when really cold though .
Cruise control is an easy retrofit for these which might be handy for you .
AstraVan Sportive - astrabob
Structure wheels look like alloys, but are steel wheels with plastic covers.

I've got them on my Vectra, and they look fine.
Does anyone Know the Dealer Smiths of Ilkeston Derbyshire