03 1.6 alarm problem - bikemadbaz
HI, I have just had my 53 honda civic 1.6 inspire broken into (scum) they did not open the door so the alarm did not go off. I want to put some sensors inside the car that will pick up movement. Hopefully I can plug them straight into the alarm? Only thing is the honda garage will not tell me where the alarm is situated in the car. its not as if I am going to nick one (hell i was in the car when I asked). So can anyone tell me where to find the alarm so I can see if I can fit sensors myself? Thank you, Barry.

{car make edited into header}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/06/2009 at 19:03

03 1.6 alarm problem - Simon
I would think that it is unlikely to be as simple as plugging some sensors into, even if it does have the capability I think it may be difficult to locate sensors that fit and work with the unit.

Besides is it really going to be worth going to that effort? What I mean is sensors or not, the damage is done as they break in, so even if it had been all sensored up, they would still have broken in. I am of the opinion that employing a different method of crime prevention may be more helpful. For example what did they break in for? Did they steal something from inside the car that was 'on display'?
they got an empty box that is for the sterio head. and the remote, both in glove box. they went straight for the ash tray looking for money. it was empty. what i want is something that trigers the alarm when the window is broken, to alert me that someone is doing damage. I live in a small grove and this is the second time in a month a car has been done over.
03 1.6 alarm problem - Dynamic Dave
Are you sure the alarm hasn't any sensors? I thought most, if not all modern alarms did?
no there are no sensors fitted. but the rest of the alarm works fine.