03 1.8 Brake disc diameter - alanwyates
I am having problems buying after market front and rear brake pads for my 1.8 mx5 sport as all dealers need to know the diameter of the front and rear disc's other than taking my wheels off measuring them and putting back on, then going to the suppliers. Could you advise me what are the diameter of the fornt and rear brake disc's.

Thanks very much
Alanwyates
03 1.8 Brake disc diameter - Peter D
Surely it has alloys so using two people with straight items to rest on the edge of each side of the disc and one to measure the distance between them will and to check if they are square then you have a measurement. Ask Mazda what options there are as that may make your decision easier. If someone gave you the measurement for their MX5 who says that is right for your car. Regards Peter
03 1.8 Brake disc diameter - sumpnut
Alan, I think you will find 1.8is Sport had larger disc's if yours is not that model you don't have a problem but why not remove the wheels on one side and check to see if you need to change both front and rear pads as they often wear at different rates, and measure the disc at the same time.
03 1.8 Brake disc diameter - topbloke
or buy both sizes on the understanding that you return the ones you dont need, i do this quiet offten as the supplier cant tell me exactly whats fitted to which model so i cover all angles obvosly if they tell you which part number is what size then you wont even have to open the boxes,Regards TB