Scratch removal - Rattle
I have a large scratch (not that bad) on my Corsa's door and it is annoying me as the rest of the car is in pretty much new condition. I have t-cutted it and it looks a little better but thinking I need to get this done professionaly. Are they any cheap places that do this sort of work?

Halfords said it would be around £100 but don't want to pay that much to remove a scratch on 81k nearly 10 year old supermini.
Scratch removal - I'm a Pane
Try some colour polish suitable for your car colour. If this doesn't mask it well enough, but the scratch does not go to the metal (therefore inviting rust) I would live with it. You can guarantee that if you get it professionally sprayed, the day after some *** will either dent it or scratch it again in the nearest supermarket carpark. And I wouldn't try a chips away type outfit - the only lasting result would be gained with a proper panel respray - a 'quick blow over' may coat the scratch but after a couple of months the paint sinks and the scratch is still visible. Even worse you now have a car with identifiable respraying which to a potential buyer could be hiding far worse damage than a simple scratch!
Scratch removal - Tron
Googled 'car scratch repair' lots of UK static and and mobile companies out there offering such repair services.

Breakers yards - long shot, same coloured door (if you can get one) usually works out the same if not less than £100!

Edited by Tron on 10/05/2009 at 17:18

Scratch removal - Rattle
I could try some polish, it is in Arden Blue which makes things a little tricky but at least it is a common colour. Masking it a bit is all I really want to do.
Scratch removal - stan10
I agree with Everest Pete, couple of years ago a friend bought an oldish car privately, when we went to look at it the bodywork had more dimples than a golf ball, but the paintwork was gleaming, and there wasn't a scratch to be seen. My friend mentioned this, and the seller said that he always used "that coloured car polish".
Got to be the cheapest option, and if it doesn't work, all you have done is bought yourself some polish !
Scratch removal - tintin01
Meguiars do a product called Scratch X which removes fine scratches and swirls. If the scratch is deep enough to catch your nail in, though, I think it will need sanding and respray. I dare say one of those mobile Dent Master type franchises could polish it out with the right gear, but that would be more expense than the car warrants.
Scratch removal - bell boy
leave it as it is
do not try and blow it in
its basecoat over lacquer you will make it worse
Scratch removal - perro
Why not call in one of those mobile scratch & dent merchants in the yellow pages for a quote - you've got nuffink to lose!
Scratch removal - martint123
its basecoat over lacquer you will make it worse

I thought it was lacquer over basecoat? :)

The only thing I'd try is those sort of kids crayon things that fill the scratch with colour. At least if it looks worse it is easy to get rid of. Anything more permanent is - well permanent.

Scratch removal - Mapmaker
>>I thought it was lacquer over basecoat? :)

Presumably the issue is that when applying the paint, you get the paint over the lacquer???
Scratch removal - martint123
Presumably the issue is that when applying the paint you get the paint over the
lacquer???

Ah yes, I see it now!