93 2.7 white smoke - gearbox12
Hi. Just in case this fact matters to the main problem, the car misted up last winter so much I kept a squeegy in the car to clear the windows! Main problem is: White smoke and misfire on starting. After taking revs up to red area it clears. Car ran well enough but sat for 2 weeks when MOT ran out. They threw it out of the MOT place when it started smoking.
Had injectors out and tested.All OK
Replaced fuel filter.Its OK
No oil in water on oil cap.

Any ideas please!.
93 2.7 white smoke - JohnPug
If it only smokes when you start it, one or two of the glowplugs are shot.
93 2.7 white smoke - piston power
Make sure the timer and relays work do you get 12v at the heater plugs? best to use a 12v test lamp is it bright?

As above plugs shot but remove them and test do they glow?

This engine has a problem the cylinder head can crack between the swirl chamber to the valve, but that usually gives black smoke.
93 2.7 white smoke - hm
hello there sir... tell me, does your motor use on coolant? when you say white smoke are you sure?

rule of thumb (do not be alarmed)

* White smoke = water vapor
* Blue smoke = Oil
* Black smoke = unburnt fuel

however.. have a down glowplug can cause all sorts of problems.... is the issue only when the car cold? or the same when at running temp
93 2.7 white smoke - Peter.N.
White smoke can also be unburnt fuel, especially if accompanied by uneven running, I would suspect low compression on one or more cylinders, could be valve clearances.