Tyres on line search- From Poland - jetta
Recently needed tyres on my 88 jetta which has always had Michelins. Prices were way up and I was told that tyres that size were only available from Michelin at premium price.
Went looking online and found some highly rated tyres at half the Michelin price,, Made in Poland,, No- they are round, not square and seem to perform as well as Michelin and show very little wear after 10K miles. Just be sure to read all the information and user comments before purchase.

Edited by Pugugly on 29/04/2009 at 21:52

tyres on line search- From Poland - bell boy
i often see made in poland on tyres these days
or made in korea
or made in china

i like my kingpins though made in england or camacs which arent
tyres on line search- From Poland - Pugugly
Poland is an industrial nation and a member of the EU so no reason for them to be inferior to tyres made by Michelin anywhere else is there ?
tyres on line search- From Poland - jetta
I did not buy Michelin tyres because of their increased cost. Made an online search with my confuser (AKA computer) and found "Road Handler" tyres at 40% less. Read several user reviews which were positive so I purchased a set. Great performance, quiet and they seem to wear better than Michelin. Must admit I was pleasantly suprised to note they were made in Poland.
tyres on line search- From Poland - jbif
I did not buy Michelin tyres ... online search with my confuser (AKA computer) .... and found "Road Handler" tyres at 40% less. >>

Confuser jetta:
If only you had made that clear in your first post, it would have saved us all going down a "confused" path. ;-)

Edited by jbif on 30/04/2009 at 11:34

Tyres on line search- From Poland - L'escargot
The production process and quality control will no doubt be identical to that for Michelin tyres made everywhere else in the world.
Tyres on line search- From Poland - Happy Blue!
And Fiats made in Poland tend to be better built and more reliable that those made in Italy.
Tyres on line search- From Poland - jbif
Michelin tyres made everywhere else in the world. >>

tyres made by Michelin anywhere else is there ? >>

Did the OP say that he/she bought Michelin tyres made in Poland?
Or was he/she talking about non-Michelin tyres made in Poland?

Tyres on line search- From Poland - bathtub tom
>>Went looking online and found some highly rated tyres at half the Michelin price,, Made in Poland,.......... and seem to perform as well as Michelin

Seems to me, the OP clearly didn't buy Michelins.
Tyres on line search- From Poland - L'escargot
Did the OP say that he/she bought Michelin tyres made in Poland?
Or was he/she talking about non-Michelin tyres made in Poland?

:-D
Tyres on line search- From Poland - Marc
"And Fiats made in Poland tend to be better built and more reliable that those made in Italy."

You're not referring to the FSO Polonez based on old Fiats are you? Pretty dreadful IIRC.
Tyres on line search- From Poland - Happy Blue!
Ho Ho Ho!

No

Pandas and 500s