96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - adam f
Changed the discs and pads and now when i am going very slow-lets say 5 MPH- and i take my foot off the accelerator there is a really loud clunk coming from the passenger side front. It does not do this when i am braking or going at higher speeds.

I have checked and the caliper and wire clip is all on correct. I even put the old disc and pads back on and it was still doing it.

Help Me!!!!!!
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - Altea Ego
Did you have trouble getting the disk off? did you end up hitting it with something?

If you did you may have done some drive train damage, - bearing, UJ, etc....
I did have a bit of trouple getting the screw off that holds the disc in place It was a little bit mashed and i had to hammer a flat head screw iinto it to "bite" so i could unscrew it.
This clunk only happens when going at very low speeds in first gear. if i have the clutch pressed in then it does not happen. its only when i am going about 5mph and i take my foot fully off the accelerator
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - bell boy
discs and or pads slightly different size to oe spec
where they hong kong fluey cyber bought?
No the discs and pads were exactly the same size as the ones taken off and hey were from Camberley Motor Factors and the make is DELPHI
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - bell boy
Wheel studs double checked for tightness?
I have had the wheels on and off about 10 times and the nuts are fine
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - Peter D
Explain "i had to hammer a flat head screw into it to" That screw is a cross head. Normally you use an impact driver to shock these screws out. How did you jack the car up. Are you sure you have not left something under the bonnet that is clunking. I can't see how taking you foot off at low speed would produce a clunk from the pads, especially as you say it is a loud clunk. Does it do it going backwards as well as forward. Regards Peter
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - maltrap
Why not get someone to walk alongside the car to listen for this "clunk" and pinpoint the source.
96 2.0 Major clunk after disc and pad change - quizman
Have you checked if the suspension spring has broken?
The car went to the mechanic today and it is the near side rear engine mount that has gone!!

I think it is just coincidence that i changed the discs and pads and this happened.

Thanks for the help.