08 more horsepower ? - Clarice
Hi, I have asked my question on a few other forums but still waiting for a reply ....zzzzzz.... so thought I would try my luck with another site... Any ideas on how to get more horse power from my lovely new red C1 ?
I am completely clueless when it comes to cars, I owned an Alfa Romeo 156 before this car so I am used to something with a little more grunt, but am loving my nippy new 107 and the fuel economy is fantastic !
Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks !
Clarice.

Edited by Pugugly on 16/04/2009 at 00:30

08 1 More Horsepower ? - rossinatrench
Get a bigger engine?! There isn't a lot you can to get more power, and don't listen to people that say induction kit or exhaust as these don't really make much of a difference. You could do an ecu remap or send it off to have the engine rebuilt with a turbo...but these would be expensive and not worth the money, as a friend found out! I'd say sit back, enjoy the ride and see how many mpg you can get!
08 1 More Horsepower ? - Clarice

www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?partno=c1...m

Any thoughts ? I might give them a call ....
08 1 More Horsepower ? - TimOrridge
If you can afford to waste nearly £400 then go for it, oh and increased insurance. Dont bother for a mealy 6 hp.

Sorry just being honest
08 1 More Horsepower ? - jc2
And that 6 hp. will be at 5500rpm or similar;what difference do they quote in your normal driving range?
08 1 More Horsepower ? - Bill Payer
>>my lovely new red C1
my nippy new 107

I know the're basically the same car, but it's unusual for someone not to know which one they've got!
08 1 More Horsepower ? - TimOrridge
>>my lovely new red C1
>>
>> my nippy new 107
I know the're basically the same car but it's unusual for someone not to know
which one they've got!

"I am completely clueless when it comes to cars"
08 1 More Horsepower ? - TurboD
How does anyone expect a C1 to have 'zip'?
It was built for economic ownership, but surely you looked at the numbers first, hp, acceleration etc.
I believe all after market parts to be an utter WOM and the better value is always buying a car fit for purpose in the first place.
Sell it now and get a proper car.