00 2.0 Engine management light - EGR sensor ? - stevewebs
The car has been back and forth to the local garage a few times. (Has only done 37k !)

They have replaced the lumbar sensor ? and the CAT. The CAT was done under warranty as this was only replaced last year.

The light went off for a day after the lumbar sensor was changed and again for a day after the cat was changed.

After to speaking to a couple of people they have suggested changing the EGR Valve. However when I phoned VW to get one, they said that the 2.0L does not have one ?

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Steve

00 2.0 Engine management light - EGR sensor ? - jc2
Lambda sensor-also known as an Ego or Hego sensor depending on the type-it measures the oxygen in the exhaust to control the fuelling.
00 2.0 Engine management light - EGR sensor ? - bell boy
did they change the fore or aft hego
and did they put an oe cat on it
i was talking to a man the other month with a polo and the only way to keep the light off was an oe cat and a proper lambda,he had tried micky mouse stuff
00 2.0 Engine management light - EGR sensor ? - stevewebs
Thanks for the reply bell boy.

They replaced the lambada sensor (which was an OE), they then replaced the cat which was not OE. The people I have spoke to said change the EGR valave, but VW said my engine does not have one ? would you know if it has an EGR valve ? They said the 1.6 and 2L diesel have one but not the 2.0l petrol ? sounds odd ?

thanks for your help.

Steve