02 2.0 Central locking fault and U/S deadlock - oddsox
Hi everyone this is my first time on an internet forum and pulling my hair out now with my mondeo's faulty central locking.
I can lock all doors with the fob and sometimes open them but the deadlocking has packed up. I've also found that if i use the key in the drivers door it will unlock all doors ok but will only lock the drivers door. Has anybody else experienced this issue before and if so how did you manage to fix it. I've contacted my main dealer who is more than happy to have his auto electrician to look at it but i feel i may need to take a mortgage to pay for it.

Edited by Pugugly on 30/03/2009 at 20:09

02 2.0 Deadlock not working and central locking fa - spikeyhead {p}
Was a common issue on MkII Mondeos but this is the first time I've heard of it on a Mk III.

Probably just a switch that's failed, any auto electrician should be able to fix it. To find a cheap one, ask a back street car sales place who they use.
02 2.0 Deadlock not working and central locking fa - oddsox
I think i'm going to have to do the rounds at garages again and see if they've experienced any similar issues. Although upto now all they've said is leave it with us and we'll have a look at it. Thats not so bad if they say " yeh i know what that is i've had one before , but when they say it' s £35 + per hour just to get the multi meter out i might as well give them a blank signed cheque. Thanks for responding any way.