Declaring accidents for new insurance - stunorthants26
Just something I was wondering - if a named driver crunches the policy holders car, is it the named driver, or the policyholder who makes the claim?

Im wondering if I declare it when I re-insure because on the website, it asks if I have made a claim, NOT whether ive had any accidents.

My car and my misses car are insured with same company and they said that I didnt have to declare it as technically, I hadnt made a claim and my misses would take the premium jump.

But I wasnt sure!
Declaring accidents for new insurance - rtj70
It might depend. The question is whether an insured person on the policy has had an accident. That is how it was for us with More>Than. I am a named driver but had a non-fault accident in Italy in 2006.
Declaring accidents for new insurance - stunorthants26
Having got a quote for next year, even if I declare the accident, its still cheaper than my current premium, which is frankly crazy but much welcome.
Declaring accidents for new insurance - smokie
Hmmm...that's made me think of something. As you will remember, my Veccy was written off a month or so back. I am named driver on SWMBOs policy, which usually just rolls over. S'pose I should declare it to them too...
Declaring accidents for new insurance - L'escargot
.......... it asks
if I have made a claim NOT whether ive had any accidents.

If that's the question it asks, then you can but reply to that question. Why try to complicate matters? I'm sure (well, I hope anyway) that the insurer will have considered carefully the wording of the question.

Edited by L'escargot on 14/03/2009 at 07:37