06 2.0 TDI Dual Mass Flywheel failure ? - Nomag
A few weeks ago noticed a vibration particularly at speed i.e. 70mph+ in my wifes Octavia 2.0TDi. Thought it odd but don't drive it that much apart from long journeys occasionally. Wife thought all was fine.
This weekend have been to Surrey and back (600 mile round trip). Vibration definitely there intermittently, felt though steering wheel/seat etc. Took until the journey home to establish this was occuring under throttle (use cruise a lot so this masked this).
I had originally thought this could be a tyre/tracking/wheel bearing problem but I now find myself wondering whether this is symptomatic of the beginnning of DMF failure and wonder if anyone could shed any light before I contact the dealership (lease car)?
Apart from the vibration, mainly felt at 70mph + under throttle (mainly cruise at an indicated 80) the car drives normally. There is no vibration at lower speeds.

Edited by Pugugly on 08/03/2009 at 23:01

06 2.0 TDI Dual Mass Flywheel failure ? - Saltrampen
If it is wheels / tracking etc, it will be there still if you disengage clutch (briefly) on a clear stretch of road. Flywheel rattles etc are sometimes lost in the overall diesel rattle.
Vibration through the clutch pedal is often quoted as a symptom of DMF failure.
06 2.0 TDI Dual Mass Flywheel failure ? - nottsruss
My Mondeo DMF has just been replaced after 200k , only knew of any problem when travelling at low speed and changing gear , could hear rattling noise from gearbox and noise changed when pushing the clutch down. Was advised not to use as iron fillings from worn DMF can soon damage starter motor.Also my glow plug warning light came on as engine ' knock box ' sensor had monitored uneven engine running thru this fault !!!
06 2.0 TDI Dual Mass Flywheel failure ? - stanley
Have experienced the same symptoms on my Octavia Ambiente 2055 1.9tdi and have been told that Skoda insurers will need to examine the problem. They are also advising a new clutch and release bearing should be fitted whilst the the gear box is out, even though the car has only covered 25000 miles! I see from another blog that someone with a VG Passat 2.0TDI had a flywheel failure and the clutch renew free of charge ( his car had covered 22000 miles).Have you had your flywheel fixed? What are the details?

Henry
SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/05/2009 at 13:31