2001 1.4 Several electrical faults - speedyp
Hello, wondered if anyone had any ideas...?

My Skoda fabia has a number of issues, i'll list them below

1. Front Passenger Window switch does not operate window, but the switch for the passenger door on the drivers controls does open it. (maybe the passenger doors switch?) But strangely halfway through a journey it has on occasion opened itself!

2. The instrument pannel has a warning light that comes on to tell me that I have a bulb out (but I don't) this warning comes on randomly, sometimes it will sometimes it wont. (Sometimes happens when I brake, but other times just randomly) No Bulbs are out though.

3. Say if I drive up the road say 3 miles and turn the car off to go into the shop. When I come back it wont start properly eventually it will on very low revs until it slowly builds to normal idle revs. (I have had spark plugs changed and still no joy).

4. Rear windscreen washer doesnt work (I can hear the pump but no water). Having said that my rear passenger footwell is soaking, so maybe thats where the water is going.

I think that is all for the moment... Please Help!!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/03/2009 at 18:37

2001 1.4 Another Skoda Fabia with electrical fault - andyc2004
hi about the rear washer ,i had a loan car that was a fabia and it had the same problem when i told them they said it has come apart between the body and hatch and just wants pushing back together.
2001 1.4 Several electrical faults - Another John H
>>Say if I drive up the road say 3 miles and turn the car off to go into the shop.
>>When I come back it wont start properly eventually it will on very low revs until
>>it slowly builds to normal idle revs. (I have had spark plugs changed and still no joy).

Our old 1.3 Felicia has always done this from new - I suspect it's down to the engine management not being clever enough to know it was running a bit rich when it stopped (because it was still warming up), and on restart a few minutes later gives it the full "I'm cold so here goes a nice rich mixture" which effectively floods it.

I think there's more in common between the two cars than you'd want to believe.
2001 1.4 Several electrical faults - Kevin
>2. The instrument pannel has a warning light that comes on..

Change the bulbs (probably rears) for OEM or good quality replacements.

I had the same problem on my Jag when a brake light failed and I replaced it with a cheap unit from a motor factor. After a couple of weeks I got intermittent "Bulb failure" warnings especially when braking from 60mph+.

Replaced them with Bosch bulbs and no more problems.

Kevin...
2001 1.4 Several electrical faults - Javalin
>Change the bulbs (probably rears) for OEM or good quality replacements.
whilst your there - check for good connections - grounds etc. If you're leaking water - could be some rust there.

2001 1.4 Several electrical faults - Shef
A few years back I had an Octavia with the same rear screen problem. The plastic pipeline taking the fluid from the front to the back came out of a joint over the rear left wheelarch. This flooded the box section behind/below and soaked the electrical loom connection within causing electrical shorts and corroding the connecting tags. Your problem could be the same sort, if there is a loom connection block getting soaking wet it could possibly send all sorts of error messages around the car.