02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - lpblue
Hi my passenger side headlight has failed an mot due to poor alignment. The garage tell me i need to replace the headlight is that true. They say they have tried the bulb but it makes no differance.

Any ideas as they have quated me £180 fitted although i can get one on ebay or £60.

Is there a way of adjusting the headlight

All help welcome
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - yorkiebar
Did it fail on alignment or beam pattern?

2 different things, with 2 different causes and potential cures.

By saying they have tried the bulb it sounds more like beam pattern than alignment, if so, a new lamp may well be needed. Dont bother with cheap after market or ebay. Source an original or oe equivalent aftermarket.

But ask them, to be sure, and see if they can show you what they mean? It will make the cure easier.
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - Armitage Shanks {p}
My 307 has completely plain, clear headlamp lenses so, I imagine, the pattern can only be influenced by the bulb and I don't see how a new headlight unit could/would help. One piece of plain clear plastic is just like another SFAIK
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - steve_earwig
Bulb jammed in the wrong way round?
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - Number_Cruncher
>>I imagine, the pattern can only be influenced by the bulb

and the reflector.
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - Lud
Don't headlights have alignment adjusting screws any more? Those ones made of corroded zinc that you can't turn with a small screwdriver, so you have to use rubber bands and an old cigarette packet to align the beams?

:o}
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - Woodspeed
I have come upon some very poor bulbs which will not focus in H4 and H7. If the bulb you have have no name it is probably from Eastern Europe and the manufacturing tolerances are shocking. I recently went over to Osram Nightbreaker, expensive but I think worth it, and the range and crisp sharp cut off is excelent. Much better focus than the standard and names bulb. Some I bought from Lidl had very poor focus, but they were cheap. The difference between cheap bulbs and a known name brand is incredible.
02 1.4Hdi MOT Failure headlight alignment-HELP - RichardW
I had nightbreakers in my Xantia and they were excellent - only trouble was they were a bit short lived. As I needed them quick I fitted "+90%" bulbs from a well known large motor factor. They are rubbish by comparison - especially at £20 EACH. I am going to order a new pair of nightbreakers. If the car has not been bumped and passed the alignment check last year, then why has it failed this year?