05 1.9 'change oil soon' & 'check injectors' msgs - Elmafud
3 Days ago I had a message come up "change oil soon" on my 55 reg Megane so I checked the oil and the level is fine the oil is black but ive seen worse! then today the service light came on saying "Check Injectors".
Ive had the car just over 12 months from locail renault dealer and been going like a dream, the car has only done 28k. Please anyone got any idea how I can solve this with out going to the dealer as thay charge £££s just for turning up!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/02/2009 at 00:17

05 1.9 'change oil soon' & 'check injectors' msgs - Dynamic Dave
3 Days ago I had a message come up "change oil soon" on my 55
reg Megane so I checked the oil and the level is fine ....
Ive had the car just over 12 months

Regardless whether the level is fine, the message said to "change oil soon", not check the level.

I don't know what the service schedule is for a Megane, but if its 12 months or 'x' miles (whichever comes sooner) then as you've had the car just over 12 months, I suspect the "change oil soon" message is telling you to do just that.

Can't help with the injectors message though.
05 1.9 'change oil soon' & 'check injectors' msgs - DP
"CHANGE OIL SOON" is telling you that a service is due. It will eventually say "CHANGE OIL NOW". You need to have the car serviced, bearing in mind these engines do not tolerate skipped oil changes at all well.

If you do the service yourself and want to erase the "CHANGE OIL SOON" message, navigate through the trip computer options until the message appears, then press and hold one of the up/down buttons on the stalk. The message will eventually disappear, and the service counter will reset.

Is the other message "CHECK INJECTION" or "CHECK INJECTORS"?

Edited by DP on 05/02/2009 at 10:58

05 1.9 'change oil soon' & 'check injectors' msgs - mrsarcasm
The service intervals for the Megane are 18k unless you have a FAP equipped diesel in which case its 9k although you should be changing it every 9k really whatever the engine. Pop along here www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php re: your check injectors. If its a deisel and it was 'check injection' it could well be a glow plug. Personally (as a Megane owner myself) I'd avoid the main Dealer if at all possible and try to find an independent Renault garage. They'll charge you £80 just to plug it in.

Edited by mrsarcasm on 05/02/2009 at 11:06