Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - delyth
A discussion on a forum documented in Daily Mail about the above subject for Safiras from 2005. Our Safira 2.0 TDI 52 plate has the engine fault that causes a warning light on dashboard and the engine rapidly slows and goes into 'limp home mode'. Complained under warrantee to Vauxhall garage (who contacted Vauxhall direct) in 2004 that this was the problem. But refused to help. Have tried to sort it at numerous garages to no avail over years.
So so dangerous. Examples on M5 North near Jnt 3 hill- overtaking lorry cut from no more than 70 to 45 mph in seconds. 3 kids on board. Also happened unexpectantly on M4, M6. Smaller jounreys also. Tried to replicate to get it into garage unfortunately not possible. The garages have always said need to have red warning light on- it never stayed on.
Vauxhall should recall all vehicles- they have got to be aware of the complaints over years.
Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - Altea Ego
>Vauxhall should recall all vehicles

And do what? with them
Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - stunorthants26
So get rid of it. If you wanted a reliable car you should have bought something else shouldnt you. If its out of warranty its your problem, not Vauxhalls. The warranty is short for a reason, read between the lines.

When my Renault broke down, I didnt complain to Renault as it was out of warranty, I traded it in and problem solved. Never bought another either. Seems to have worked.

Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - redviper
if you are getting dash warnings and its going into "Limp Home" then its more than likely that the car is storing error codes, this will tell you what the problem is.

Take it to a dealer and they will "plug in" the car and take it from there - ive never heard of a dealer saying that you need to have a red warning light before they can use the diagnostics.
Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - jbif
.. discussion on a forum documented in Daily Mail about the above subject for Safiras from 2005 ... >>

Is this related to
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=71056&...f
Vauxhall Vectra C - going into limp mode, BBC Watchdog report.

Engine cuts to"limp home mode" Dangerous+++ - Pugugly
I think it probably is - will link it later.