Tax expires whilst on hols! - Jane
Hi,

My parents are going to Australia on a long holiday and will be away for just over a month. In the middle of the trip my dad's tax runs out. They leave UK on the 31/1 and return sometime at the beginning of March. The tax expires on or around the 15th Feb. Other than giving his card details to one of my brothers (risky ;0D) and getting them to renew it online what are his options? How far in advance are you able to renew it?? I told him to phone the DVLA but he's tried and has yet to get through to a human being!

Thanks for your help!
Tax expires whilst on hols! - grumpyscot
You don't need your Dad's card to pay - you can use your own. The tax will expire at the end of a month - never in the middle - so does it expire at end Jan - in which case you can renew online now - or end Feb?

You usually can do it as soon as you get the reminder which has the reference number on it to do it online. If you want to do it at Post Office, you'll need the Insurance & MOT (if applicable) docs , so easiest to do it online.

You can also pay over the phone.
Tax expires whilst on hols! - Dwight Van Driver
www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowTo...2

dvd
Tax expires whilst on hols! - George Porge
Some confusion here, tax can't run out on 15 Feb can it? Are you confused and talking about his MOT?