02 1.9TDi - What battery to buy ? - roumens
Hi
I have 2002 Galaxy 1.9 TDi 115hp turbo diesel. The original battery has been changed to again Ford battery, but from Focus 1.8 petrol. I haven't driven the Galaxy since August 08 and the battery was totally flat. I'm charging it now, but not sure it will recover. In case I need to by replacement what battery should I purchase - Acid lead or Calcium and how many Ah?
If any one has the part number of original Galaxy diesel battery - please let me know.
And also if someone knows good deal on such batter - again please let me know - I?m looking at Halfords so far.
Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/01/2009 at 19:07

02 1.9TDi - What battery to buy ? - TurboD
go to the nearest Partco and get their battery to fit. Choose 2/3/4 year guarantee. That depends on how long you are keeping the car.
I find Partco great value, for all the wearing parts on cars. ( do not work for them).
That's my recomendation
02 1.9TDi - What battery to buy ? - bravewolf
Halfords own batteries for this model both get very good reviews and I purchased the calcium one last time I replaced mine (about 2 years ago) and it has been no problem. If you can get a Halfords trade card or know someone who has one you get excellent discount too and therefore superb value for money! (both are in the £90 bracket with no discount - think I paid about 60 something with discount)

Calcium battery comes with 4 year guarantee at 680 amps startup power, lead/acid 3 years at 640 amps startup power.
02 1.9TDi - What battery to buy ? - quizman
You need a Varta silver battery code F18 which should cost £78 inc VAT from a parts place, much cheaper than Halfords.
This is a calcium battery with 800 amps starting power.
Varta batteries are very good, they last longer than some other makes.

I've just noticed that this is an old post, I hope the OP got fixed up!!!

Edited by quizman on 31/12/2009 at 16:31