2002 1.9 dci poor m.p.g. on trip computer - Deva23
hi all,i;ve got a megane II 1.9 DCI. I've had it for just over 12mths. At first the m.p.g was good (41-63). But now my trip computer is only showing (28-49) urban - extra-urban.its had a full service (air,fuel filter ex..). The service light came on at one point ,it turned out to be a faulty glow plug so replaced all 4.I spoke to a mechanic and he said ,because the servive light came on the car maybe running in SAFE MODE and may need resetting.... Anyone got any idea..... Thanks
2002 1.9 dci poor m.p.g. on trip computer - Altea Ego
you need the stored error codes read by someone with the correct kit as a first port of call.

How many miles has it done, whats the perfomance like, how does it feel (perky, rough, sluggish etc etc)
2002 1.9 dci poor m.p.g. on trip computer - Deva23
hi its done 62.000 miles, the performance is fine. i'll see if there is an error in the codes, Get back to you ....thanks for your help.....
2002 1.9 dci poor m.p.g. on trip computer - Fernando P
The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve needs to be cleaned about once a year and this is unlikely to have been done on a routine service as it is not part of the service schedule. You will find that fuel consumption and pulling power improve materially after this has been done.
2002 1.9 dci poor m.p.g. on trip computer - stevessub
Hi mate did you manage to fix your mpg fault, i have the same problem only getting 30mpg on my 1.9dci its been into renault they said its the egr valve and have since replaced it but still have the same problem, did you fix yours