Problem with online Breakers - tujags
I have used online breakers to buy parts without any problems until recently I wanted some bits for my 1996 VW Passat I posted an enquiry with one of the companies that offers a country wide service & got a response from a company in Stanley Co Durham I paid online & nothing turned up after a week or so I phoned them several times & was told the parts were no good so I would be refunded. I haven't - various phone calls sorry the computers gone wrong will sort it out etc still no refund Tried to phone in the week running up to christmas, nobody answers phone. I have emailed the 'umbrella company but got no reply.(2 Weeks)
This experience has rather soured my opinion of what promised to be a useful service not a huge sum of money but it is the principle of the thing that bugs me. I wonder if other forum posters have had any problems.
I haven't named any names as requested by the moderators but can if requested by them.
Problem with online Breakers - Mapmaker
If you paid by credit card, possibly worth a call to the CC company.

(I know the CCA only applies over £100...)
Problem with online Breakers - tujags
This time I used my debit card - well they've lost a customer & someone with a lot of contacts & friends in the classic car game. Certainly won't be recommending them.
Problem with online Breakers - Avant
Oh good. I thought an online breaker was someone who hacked into a site like this and did damage.

Mind you if an online breaker was someone who supplied full stops he might be doing us a service.....:)