Toyota Corolla Verso - Pipkinjoe
I'm looking to change our faithful 10 year old Corolla for a Corolla Verso as I can't get everyone I need to into the back of the Corolla.

Have seen one advertised locally and am going to have a look. It is 04/54, VVT-i 1.8 T3 version with 60k on the clock, 1 owner, on at 5,990 GBP. Not looking to px my car and have cash available.

I paid for a glasses valuation which was way over this so have paid for a Parker's mile adjusted one which came out as 5,510 GBP.

Would some of you very knowledgeable people mind giving me your advice as to what you think I should be offering the dealer and what price I should be able to realistically achieve ? Or should I hold on for now and start thinking about the whole thing after Christmas ?

Any help very gratefully received, many thanks !
Toyota Corolla Verso - Pugugly
Maybe worth talking to Rattle if you're offloading the Corolla !

Are you part-exing paying cash or looking to finance ?
I am planning to pay in cash and not part exchanging the old corolla.

I'm new to the forum so apologies, who is Rattle ?!
Toyota Corolla Verso - rtj70
Rattle is a fellow HJ backroom member who has just had problems with his car and is looking for a replacement.

Edited by rtj70 on 14/12/2008 at 18:50

Ah thank you ! Just found Rattle's thread, sounds like a nightmare.

The idea of getting rid of the Corolla and ending up with something which goes wrong all the time is my idea of a nightmare as before we had a Citroen which you could rely on to cost a fortune to get through the MOT. Being a not at all car minded female I need something that will give me an easy life so hoping that another Toyota will do the job. But I need to make sure I get it for the right price .
Toyota Corolla Verso - Pugugly
I'd try to beat him (I assume he's a dealer) by at least 15% - sorry I assumed that everyone knew Rattle !
Yes it's a dealer. So I should be looking to achieve round about the £5100 mark then. What price do I start at and this will leave him with some profit won't it as I'd hate to completely screw someone over with things as they are.

Sorry to sound hopeless, it is a long time since I have done this and I had a part-ex with that one so a bit different (and it wasn't in the middle of economic meltdown). This is a big help, thank you very much.