2.7 twin turbo diesel - apm
Hi all,

Thinking about a change to a jag S-type or XJ or similar recentish luxury barge as they are so cheap (there is a previous thread on this), for about £10-12k. A bit of common sense has kicked in, and I am intrigued by the twin turbo diesel jaguar engine. HJ seems to really quite like it, but any warnings as to longevity/ DMF issues/ things going bang? Are they relatively much more expensive to buy than the equivalent petrol (the V6 3.0)? Part of me recoils in horror at the thought of a diesel jag, but it does seem to make good sense.

Cheers then,

Alex.
2.7 twin turbo diesel - daveyjp
I know five people with S types - 1 with a 2.5 (his second), one with a 3.0, three with 2.7 diesels.

The three with diesels all think the engine is excellent (as I do having driven the S type, XJ and XF with this engine and autobox), but one has just had one of the turbos replaced under warranty. 40mpg at sensible motorway speeds is easily achievable.

Those with petrols also like them, but whenever we see our friends with the 3.0 they always seem to be in their Aygo - 45mpg round town compared to 20ish for the Jag.
2.7 twin turbo diesel - midlifecrisis
I think the C02 emissions are comparatively high for a diesel. (If my tired mind remembers correctly)
2.7 twin turbo diesel - midlifecrisis
My mistake, thought it was higher.