2003 1.6 Strange Watery Noise - takuhii
Hi,
My first post and it's asking for help....

when I start my 53 reg car from cold there is a strnage noise like running water coming from the bulkhead... We've took it to a garage, straight away I might add, and they've found the water pumps knackered, could the watery noise be caused by the failing water pump or could this be something more serious.

Basically the water pump leaked all over there floor last night (at the garage), until that point I've had no problems... I think the recent cold weather may just have got to the water pump :(

Additionally, you can't hear the watery noise coming fromt he engine, and my engine hasn't had the oppurtunity to overheat yet, but last time this happened to me was in a VW Passat and the head gasket had gone...

Any ideas to put my mind at ease...

{changed header as '53' is the registration mark, not 'Year of manufacture' which is what the box asked for}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/12/2008 at 12:27

2003 1.6 Strange Watery Noise - tony@tooting
Takuhii,
The noise that you can hear, is air travelling around the heater matrix. (The heater radiator inside the car.)
This will be due to the water level being low because of the failing water pump. I'm sure all will be fine once the new pump is fitted. (Water pumps are a common failure on the Focus.)
Cheers Tony, much appreciated

Darren
It was the water pump, and looks like I got to it just in time, avoiding a VERY costly repair, still cost £200 notes to get it done though, was without car whole day :(
2003 1.6 Strange Watery Noise - henry k
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
This may help a future Focus enquiry