Panda ECO models - Andrew62
Am considering buying a new Panda as a cheap run around. Fiat have now introduced the ECO versions which, if I understand correctly, differ only in the oil and tyres (low resistance) fitted but these lower the CO2 to 119 (which is good for tax and possibly congestion charge).

I am confused over these changes and am not sure whether to stick with the standard model (132 CO2?). The dealer is understandably unhelpful.
(1) will the grip/handling/ride/braking be affected in any way with the low resistance tyres (I don't think the Panda's levels of grip are especially high anyway)?
(2) what happens if, later in life, standard oil and "normal" tyres are fitted (if they can be) - and how do the DVLC know that it is no longer a 119 CO2 car?
(3) conversely, can the standard car be fitted with the tyres and the oil changed to reduce to CO2?

If the changes are so basic, why doesn't Fiat change all versions rather than having both?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Panda ECO models - PR {P}
1. You would have to drive them both but in everyday driving conditions I can't see there being a noticeable difference.

2. Doesn't matter, once it is registered with a CO2 level that is what it will stay.

3. See 2!

Not sure why they don't change all models. You could wait for the new 2 cylinder turbo coming into the Panda soon, though not sure when. 80g CO2 mentioned.
Panda ECO models - retgwte
have a look at

www.fiatforum.com/panda-new/

also minor gear ratio changes i think

go for the panda diesel and its low emission anyways :) and faster and more economical