98 1.2 access for blown courtesy light bulb - argybargy
Trying to replace the courtesy light bulb in a 1998 Fiat Punto 85 SX with manual sunroof. Haynes says to remove two screws from the front of the light console cover, then undo the screw from the sunroof crank, and remove the crank. Then theres a pictorial guide to the bulb arrangement once youve removed the console cover from the roof, but no actual indication of how you take the cover down. Even after removing the said screws, the rear of the console appears to remain firmly in place, and I dont want to break it by forcing it. As far as I can tell, unlike more basic models its not simply a case of prising off the bulb lens and replacing it.
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers.
98 1.2 access for blown courtesy light bulb - Chris M
Sorry, no first hand experience of removing the console, but I've looked at my Haynes (picture 5.6) and there doesn't appear to be any other screw fixings apart from the three you have removed. However, there looks to be a lug of some sort by the sunroof crank recess, so I wonder if you may have to slide the unit off?
98 1.2 access for blown courtesy light bulb - argybargy
Hi Chris, thats possible--will check it out later when I get it back from having the emissions diagnosed, as per another thread.
There are two further screws which I didnt remove, in the sunroof crank recess--I assumed they were something to do with the sunroof mechanism but they may be the key to freeing the entire console.
Thanks for your response.