Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - chris123
We are currently looking to buy a new Ford Fiesta Zetec.

Having found a good deal at Archers of Ashby:

www.archersofashby.co.uk/New_Fiesta_Prices(discounted)/Fiesta_Zetec.htm

We asked our local Ford dealer if he could match it - he couldn't, the reason being (he said) that the Fiesta price is increasing by £500 December 1st and the options we want make the car a factory special, so we will have to pay the extra even if we order now.

I would be happy to go with Archers, except for the small print that says the price they quote only applies if the car is registered before 31st December (which it won't be).

I would have thought that once you have ordered the car and put down a deposit, the price would be fixed, or am I missing something?

Any thoughts? If nothing else, putting up car prices in the current economic climate seems like an 'interesting' business plan?

Cheers

Chris

Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - Ben10
In the two months the new Fiesta has been out, I have only seen one 58 plate.

I like it, and would like to buy one. If they tinker the prices upwards, Ford will rue the day in this current financial climate.

I am looking for a hefty discount and 0% finance as others are doing. e.g. Citreon.
If Ford want to shift stock, then they will have to discount.

At present the new Fiesta has very little movement on price. Give it a couple of months, when the compounds are overflowing, just watch that £500 increase disappear in a puff of smoke, along with a further reduction in screen price.
They would be arrogant and crazy not to.

Thanks Ben,

That's exactly what I am hoping / expecting. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Chris
Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - imb
I say you should easily get 10-15% off any new fiesta. However I reckon to get us all spending again that should increase to 25% at least...
Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - Rattle
The problem is this new model is actually the same price as the outgoing model, so they are probably raising the cost of the new model to shift the old one?

I am looking for a run out Ka for about £4k I reckon it may be worth it, I could then sell it for £2.5k three years down the line before it goes rusty.
Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - oilrag
Rattle,
You could get a brand new 1.1 Panda from fiatsupersaver for £5,195 and keep it long term

Edited by oilrag on 10/11/2008 at 08:39

Thanks for all the feedback.

Decided to order from drivethedeal.com in the end, as they seem to have a lot of positive feedback, here and elsewhere. It still pains me to pay so much for a small car, but I know my place :-).

I suspect that the Fiesta prices are going to be dropping further, but unfortunately we need to buy now.

Cheers

Chris

Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - Falkirk Bairn
List prices may well go up but the street price will be dictated by factors other than what Ford/Vauxhall or any other manufacturer will try and say it is.

Sytner had about 10 Rx 350's for sale, no mileage, 58 Reg about 3 weeks ago and they still have 8/9 and they have £10K off list selling for £24K.
Muranos (old models) selling at under £20K (£12koff) with del mileage and not yet registered - still sitting 6 weeks after promotion started.

I know Fiestas are smaller, cheaper but the prices are subject to the same forces.

1)People without money / worried about jobs will not spend.
2)People with money are frightened to spend (unless they have megabucks and/or good guaranteed jobs / pensions etc)

Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - zarqon
I don't think there's any such thing as a guaranteed job or pension at the moment.

Only last week a chap on radio 4 said that an annuity company has never gone bust but there are no special rules saying thay can't - and as for those unfunded public sector pensions nobody knows were the money will come from for those in the years to come.

It will be a brave government that puts basic rate tax up to 35% to pay for public sector pensions.

So (back to topic) I think very very few people will be buying new cars for the next 3 or 4 years.

MPZ
Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - Rattle
Does that mean we will be able to buy brand new Pandas for £4k soon :D.

Does this also mean that the prices of 1.3 N reg Fiestas will rise a lot in value :D.

I run my own business and last week was my busiest ever in 3 ways of trading and I suspect small time mecahnics are also very busy right too.
Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - niceguyeddy
Apparently Evans Halshaw (Pendragon) are now knocking £500 off the New Fiesta.

Buying a new Ford Fiesta - price increase due? - ifithelps
Chris123 wrote: "Decided to order from drivethedeal.com in the end."

Chris,

Be interested to hear how you get on with the new Fiesta, my uber-reliable Focus can't go on for ever.

Quite fancy a Titanium diesel Fiesta, although the starting price of around £12k is a bit off-putting.